I just finished my first 30DS and I feel.....

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
AMAZING! That was easily one of the hardest workouts I did but I feel great right now Worked hard and pushed myself harder than I thought I could. I've never been able to finish a workout video before but Jillian is just brilliant. I love her so, so much. It felt like she was in the room encouraging me.

Can't wait to do more and see the difference! Hopefully no soreness tomorrow!

Replies

• PurpleBeaniebaby
    PurpleBeaniebaby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well done! :D I'm just about to do my day 3 of 30DS, started totally unfit so really feeling it today! No pain no gain and all that jazz :D
  • Lozze
    Options
    Am I insane or is it not as painful as everyone makes out? I'm really, really big but I was able to push through and do it all with minimal breaks. I'm currently drenched in sweat but that's a sign of a good workout!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 9 and have not experience much pain or soreness from it either. I will say after todays workout I feel a but shaky. Hoping a warm shower fixes that!
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Your body may curse you tomorrow, but it will thank you in 30 days. Good luck!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I know Jillian is GREAT! I am on day 4 of the 30Ds and I can feel it! Can't wait to finish my 1st 10 days. Did you do all 3 levels or kept on 1 level for the 30 days?
  • Lozze
    Options
    I know Jillian is GREAT! I am on day 4 of the 30Ds and I can feel it! Can't wait to finish my 1st 10 days. Did you do all 3 levels or kept on 1 level for the 30 days?

I've only done one workout :) I'll be staying on Level 1 the whole way through, but I want to be doing the harder stuff by the end.
  • bitzee
    bitzee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 and totally feeling it. I agree Jillian is a great motivator and i love how she gets me through the 20 minutes! Im feeling a big improvement already and can certainly feel it in my thighs but then I do go all the way down on the squats!! I give it my all, mainly because its only 20 minutes and i know im getting results. I actually look forward to it every morning now!
  • Lozze
    Options
    Day after and I'm slightly sore, but not too bad. See how I go after a couple of days!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd round of it (L1D2 TODAY) and it is ALOT easier! I did it June-July and the 1st 4 days were pure hell!! I only lost 4lbs but 24 inches overall and went down a size! I decided to do it again because I had such great results the first time! I did it 28 days straight taking 2 days off when we went camping for 4th of July....this time I am doing M-F and taking the weekends off as I got very bored the first time!! I like to change it up but Jillian sure gets a great sweat on!!
  • Lozze
    Options
    You don't lose weight on it? That's a bit of a worry!

I thought I wasn't sore. Then I took the stairs at work...
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You don't lose weight on it? That's a bit of a worry!

I guess it's different for everyone....I have seen people lose up to 15lbs and some only lose 2lbs but you are building muscle and your body changes SO much! I was a lil disappointed at first but my body was less lumpy!! I actually gained the first couple of days!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of people say you lose inches not weight doing the shred. But everyone's different. I'm doing it now, so we'll see how it goes!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I started with 30DS too!
  • PurpleBeaniebaby
    PurpleBeaniebaby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to do my Day 9 soon. I lost a pound this week which I wasn't really expecting because I was more looking at measurements and trying to increase my fitness as my main problem having gained the weight over a few months of illness was my lack of fitness and I think that is why it was so painful on my muscles in the first few days. I think it wouldn't be as much of a shock to the body if you have a exercise regime you are already used to rather than starting from nothing to 30DS. However, I can honestly say only at day 9 that it has been worth it as my stamina and my ability to manage all the workout has greatly improved very quickly. 9 days in and ok only 1lb lost, but I have dropped near 1.5" from my waist and things are fitting better. So between that and the impact to my fitness, I honestly don't believe the numbers on the scales are the most important thing. Dark circles under my eyes have also greatly improved. All round I'm just looking and feeling so much healthier :)