Late Night Snacking

Options
Late night snacking is the hardest time for me!!!:explode: Anyone else??? I seem to do great during the day and around this time
I start really want a snack!! Any suggestions?? :happy:

Replies

• hwesp
    hwesp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is also my hardest thing to overcome...

1. Increase your protein throughout the day.
    2. Eat a later dinner (between 6 and 8 pm).
    3. Try measuring out a serving in the kitchen and taking only that to where you are eating.
    4. If you always eat in front of the TV, then turn the TV off and eat somewhere else. If you don't want to to turn the TV off, then you can't eat anything.
    5. Check MFP message boards for inspiration instead of making another trip to the kitchen ;)

Hope it helps!
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum helps me usually get by the craving of wanting a snack.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Can you eat less during the day, effectively "banking calories" for later in the night? So you still hit your calorie and macronutrient targets, you just eat more later at night and less in the day.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Late night snacking is the hardest time for me!!!:explode: Anyone else??? I seem to do great during the day and around this time
    How many calories do you have left?
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I pre log and plan my day so I have a evening snack just a thought
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I have enough calories left for desert after the kids go to bed. When I want to snack during the day, I remind myself how much I'll want that snack at night, and I usually can hold off.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    late night drinking gets me.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Can you eat less during the day, effectively "banking calories" for later in the night? So you still hit your calorie and macronutrient targets, you just eat more later at night and less in the day.
    [/quote

This is what I do and I still manage to stay on track and lose weight. I also enter my foods before I eat them so I will have enough night calories. Good Luck
  • healthy4self
    Options
    Plan a treat every night. Also, try replacing snacking with another activity. I've been listening to books on tape at night. It's really relaxing and keeps me out of the kitchen
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It also helps to open up your food diary for viewing. That way folks can better advise you. But I agree with saving yourself some calories for a snack.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

I do the "banking calories" thing as someone mentioned above. I ate probably around 600 up til about 6 or 7 pm, and then I had about 1,000 left to eat and just went to town. Not sure if that's really the best way to do it, especially since my workout time was early this morning, but I've noticed I have the uncontrollable desire to eat at night when I'm home vs when I'm out and busy all day on campus.
  • landlwoof
    landlwoof Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    People posted a lot of good suggestions for me when I asked about this...........chewing a piece of gum, go and brush your teeth with a real minty toothpaste, go on the computer and read success stories, but the best one that helped me was to make a cup of tea. It doesn't sound as good as a big bag of chips but once I forced myself to make it and sit down, it tasted sooooo good I had more and it took my mind away from food. Good luck!!!
  • MoMo41
    Options
    Thanks!!:happy:
  • MoMo41
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice!!!:happy: :flowerforyou: