Eggs in the microwave?

Options
DizzyLinds
DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
can i do eggs in the microwave? i'm getting bored of taking porridge to work everyday!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you bet...I throw some soy cheese, mushrooms and red peppers in there while I'm at it, mix it all up and put it in the mic for 2 minutes..make sure a lid is on it!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Yeah you sure can! There are lots of recipes online.

Your coworkers might not appreciate the smell though.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    You can poach them in pyrex or glass custard cups (or bowls). Add a bit of water, poke the yolk a couple times with toothpick and microwave in 15 to 20 second intervals till desired doneness.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    You can poach them in pyrex or glass custard cups (or bowls). Add a bit of water, poke the yolk a couple times with toothpick and microwave in 15 to 20 second intervals till desired doneness.

I also scramble with cheese (my grand kids love them that way)
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I do scrambled eggs in the microwave sometimes. Beat them like you would normally and cook them for like a minute, stir, cook another minute or until they look like scrambled eggs lol. Melt some cheese, add some veggies, and you're good to go! I don't taste any difference in the microwave compared to on the stove.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Definitely. We used to cook them in the microwave for our motel guests and always got compliments on our scrambled eggs. In fact, I just had scrambled eggs for breakfast. Yummy!
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    coat the bowl with olive oil first:wink:
  • andreacord
    Options
    Yup 2 minutes in the microwave.. MAKE sure you oil/grease the bowl or mug or whatever first.. because its a hell of a time to clean afterward
  • Almiel
    Almiel Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask I did this for lunch today to make an egg and cheese muffin sandwich. Slurp!

Definitely cover it cuz it can splatter. I actually bought a microwave egg poacher--does 2 eggs at a time and has a lid to prevent splattering. I've also used little pyrex dishes too.

It's like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Cavity-Poacher/dp/B00004W4UR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320099649&sr=8-1
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I used to scramble eggs in a mug and microwave them a LOT when I lived in a dorm... lol :)

It does get kinda smelly though!!
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/1876

Check out Hungry Girl's "Mug Shots" -- these are egg dishes you microwave in a mug. Great recipes! You might want to subscribe to the online newsletter (free).
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I do eggs, ham, cheese, bell peppers and scallions in the microowave...got it from Chalene...love it!!!
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually make mine in the microwave, I have a 2 month old baby so anything quick and easy is a plus for me.

for a 1/2 cup of eggs:
    I spray the bowl with PAM olive oil, put the egg mixture in, microwave for 45 seconds, than stir, put back in the microwave 25-30 seconds, and ta-dah breakfast is made!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Ms. Dizzy I cook eggs in the microwave all the time. Not like in the pan but good!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    The Easiest Egg Breakfast Ever...

Absolutely!!! Google "hungry girl egg mug recipes" for lots more! I always use 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites instead of egg substitute...

The Egg Mug Classic
    PER SERVING (entire mug): 95 calories, 2g fat, 490mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 14.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    One wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, cut into pieces

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and cheese and stir. Microwave for about a minute. Stir gently, and then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds, until scramble is just set. Stir and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING