Breastfeeding

Options
hi all, any other mums out there breastfeeding and using this app to lose their pregnancy weight? Based on my current weight and weight loss goal, I am allocated 1200calories per day. However, I am concerned that this won't be enough to maintain milk supply. My baby is only 3 months old. Any suggestions? I have upped my calorie intake to 1500.

Replies

• mamalula
    Options
    Hi I am breastfeeding too and you need an additional 500 cals. You can find "breastfeeding exculsively 500cals" if you serch for it when you are doing your food diary I just add it daily to my breakfast. Hope that helps. My little boy is 6 months now and I have just started giving him a few teaspoons of carrot puree so soon I will lower my 500 cal allowance to probably 300cals as he takes more solid food and less milk but not for a month or so. Good luck and friend me if you want it is good to have other breastfeeding mums for support.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I am breastfeeding but I'm not tracking my food/calorie intake. I don't have any pregnancy weight to lose luckily. I just eat sensibly and get my water intake.
  • rissanddan
    Options
    Hi mamalula, how do I friend you. Only got this app yesterday :) would be great to have another mum to 'chat' to!
  • ldove
    ldove Posts: 7
    Options
    I am eating about 1800 calories a day because of breastfeeding. Just listen to your body, if its telling you to eat, do not ignore it. Just choose oatmeal or something similar that is low in calories and also a good breast milk supply. ;)

Good luck!
  • GroceryShrink
    GroceryShrink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've read that you need at least 1800 calories a day while exclusively breastfeeding. I'm doing Fit Yummy Mummy 15 minute workouts and eating 2000 calories a day and still losing weight. I started at 162.8 lbs (June) and am down to 146. My goal is 125 lbs. I'm also taking Fenugreek supplements and drinking lots of water to keep up with my supply.
  • redraidercookie
    Options
    Hi! I just got back on with my fitness pal to lose my baby weight while breastfeeding. I wish there was a way to factor BF into our calorie count. Is there a group just for BF moms on here? I could definitely use some buddies to go through this with!