Treadmill NSV

Options
EricNCSU
EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
I'm off work today while I'm cleaning and packing up getting ready to move to a new house, and apparently I have all my energy early in the morning.

I was on the treadmill for my scheduled 2.0 mile run this morning and I walked for 3 minutes to start... then I jogged for 5 minutes straight (@ 4.7 MPH, 12:45 mile)... Then I slowed down to about 3.7 to walk for 2 minutes and rest.. then I cranked it back up again with the intention of going another 5 minutes... but at the end of the 5 minutes I kept going... I ended up jogging for 13 minutes without stopping.. which at that pace was an entire mile! The best i've done before is repeated intervals of 2 minute walk, 3 minute jog but never a long sustained jog like that.

My running training had me scheduled for 2 miles today, so I stopped at 2 miles, but I probably could have kept going. I probably *should* have kept going.

Replies

• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Awesome, can't wait until I can't get to that level. Keep up the good work!!
  • Corig22
    Corig22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is so awesome! Keep it up and be proud of your accomplishments.
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's great! I was really surprised by your post because I walk at 3.6 and jog at 4.7 and do exactly what you do! I have found that since I've been doing this since mid-September that the scale hasn't dropped an ounce but I definitely know that I've gained muscle since I can do things that weren't so easy before. Do you find the same has happened to you?
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    way to go! I can't wait to be there!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't dropped any this week, still at 299... but I am starting to notice more definition in my leg muscles.. especially my calves.

I dont know what got into me this morning.. I was just.. heck with it.. keep going.... Maybe carbing up at Olive Garden last night and destroying my calorie count was actually a good thing? LOL
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! It's amazing what we think we can't do, but really CAN!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!