Daycare NSV

Options
moniew24
moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
So I was picking up my baby from the daycare yesterday and also the daycare my sister works at, and the owner who is my husband's aunt told me that I was looking good and noticed my weight loss. Is not alot but I think the inches are working for me. I feel kind of bad because everytime someone seems to compliment me my sister seems to get offended because she is about 50lbs heavier than I am and I really want her to get on the bandwagon with me and our brother but she just does not have the motivation. I feel like my emotions are all of the place about her seeming to always get offended when people compliment me. On one hand I enjoy it and want to say DAMN IT, you can do it too if you just make small changes and the other hand I want to just fall back into my old habits so she wont feel bad, BUT you know what IM NOT, I am going to show her if I can do it you can too. GO MONICA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• fat_tastic
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep up the good work your sister will hopefully get motivated as oppose to jealous soon enough ;o)
  • JillM135
    Options
    Great positive attitude! I think your sister will get on the bandwagon when she see's that you are a success story:)
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and maybe when your sister keeps seeing you getting smaller and smaller, it will motivate her also. Keep up the good work!!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Lead by example and don't let other people's jealousy or negativity get you down!!! :) GO YOU!!
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can't change her so don't let her change you! You are not rubbing her face in it so enjoy the compliments you deserve. All you can do is be the best example you can be!! Congrats!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you...and hopefully your sister will get MOTIVATED instead of irritated by the compliments you are getting!
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you on making better choices. You cannot do anything about the way your sister feels. Remember you are doing this for you and not anyone else. If at some point she decides to do something you can be there to support her. It's very difficult to be the fat one in the family. I have been all my life and anytime my sister who is a size 4 said anything to me it would just make me angry and I would go eat. It wasnt until I decided to change for me that I know I can do it. Good Luck
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good for you on making better choices. You cannot do anything about the way your sister feels. Remember you are doing this for you and not anyone else. If at some point she decides to do something you can be there to support her. It's very difficult to be the fat one in the family. I have been all my life and anytime my sister who is a size 4 said anything to me it would just make me angry and I would go eat. It wasnt until I decided to change for me that I know I can do it. Good Luck

agreed- well stated!

Congrats on your progress
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do that intentionally because they want you to be like them, dont bring yourself down to that level. Instead use it as motivation. I m all about taking the negative and bringing in the positive. Eventually she will either give up on it and stop making comments / attitude or she will join you. Either way problem solved and your on your way to becoming hotter and sexier ---
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!