Here goes nothing

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
My name is Krista and i live in Missouri.

I am twenty one years old. I am 5'8 and i currently weigh 158 pounds. I would like to weigh 145 pounds but my main goal is to feel better about the way i look. I care more about how i feel and look than the number on the scale.

Right now i do not pay attention to what i eat at all except for being vegetarian. I do not exercise at all either.

I feel a bit out of place because it seems like most people on this site want to loose quite a bit more weight than i do but i thought i would give it a try anyway.

In middle school i weighed about 185 pounds. After i became vegetarian i got to my current weight.

I have tried to loose weight before and i could never stick with it so maybe having somewhat of a support system will help this time.

Replies

• dashnigma
    dashnigma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There are several types of folks on the site. There are those trying (and succeeding) to lose large amounts of weight...some are trying to carve out even more definition in their well muscled bodies...then there are those like me that are here to be more fit, though not trying to lose weight or really to be ripped up. I was a bit thrown off first from not seeing too many people in my situation, but have found helpful comments and friendliness regardless. I have not been here too long myself, but bid you welcome.
  • galaxyfun1
    Options
    Hi Krista,
    I say 'Good On You for coming onto this site and just seeing how things go'.
    Everyone on this site is keen to live a healthier lifestyle, be it losing weight, becoming more active or simply by eating better.
    People are very enthusiastic and supportive and I think if you need the support system you will find it here.
    I think your main goal of feeling better about yourself is precisely the same reason why everyone else is here so never mind about focusing on weight loss, just focus on what makes you feel better about yourself.
    Good Luck
    Mel :)
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your weight on the scale as much as what your fat to lean mass ratio is. You could remain 158 pounds and actually shrink if you started weight training.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hello love. :) I am near the same height as you and I started at the same weight. I'm now 140 because of this site and my determination. I'm not trying to lose anymore, but feel free to add to give you a kick in the rear if you need it. :)
  • barbaralbb
    Options
    Hello Krista,
    I also just joined and am learning my way around. I came to this site, after learning of it few days ago from my son and being inspired by his 16lb weight loss! Way to go BigDanTx!!!

What I've seen it that there seems to be nothing here but encouragement from folks who don't know you but want you to succeed - how cool is that!

Count me among those who are on your side and hoping for nothing but success for you, whether that success is losing weight or becoming more active..... My goal is to do both.

PS - I'm former Missouri girl who is now in Texas. So a couple of us from the "Show Me" state can show what we can do!