Why is it ........

Options
.... that after being so good all day and planning what I am going to have for dinner that keeps me within my calorie range that this time of day comes round and all of a sudden a packet of crisps will pop into my head and not a small pack either, or a bar of chocolate or as seem to be today a packet of biscuits!! Its torture!

Its not as though I haven't had some snacks today, I had an apple and banana this morning and still have 120 calories left for a snack this evening however ............... those biscuits are calling load and clear :(

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    It's okay if they pop into your head just don't let them pop into your mouth.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    log them, see if you can live with total , if you can eat them if you can't don't.. yesterday thats what i did and i eat them!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Haha.. agreed. ;)
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    A couple of biscuits won't do you any harm. If i fancy one i have one.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I agree with YJ....and every once in a while it's OK to indulge. If not you might binge and that's when it becomes dangerous. Perhaps have only one...enjoy it, savor it and then be done with it. :D
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Spend those 120 cals on chips. Problem solved!
  • nirvana1
    Options
    I've just had the same problem so I had some organic peanut butter on wholemeal toast with some banana, it helped kick my sweet craving for a bit.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I allow certain things I love in moderation on specific days. So I love biscuits and gravy and a big country breakfast with chicken friend steak!

So every Sunday I go have a fabulously large breakfast but split it with a friend. Knowing this meal is coming makes it easier to put off every other day. I can also better plan something extra like taking the dogs to a dog park and playing or walking the new art exhibits in town - just to burn a few extra.

I do love pizza so when we order it I allow myself one slice and make a really yummy salad to go along side it.

I'm sure you can find a way to enjoy the things you love too!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

^^ this!! :laugh:
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    lol...the sudden thought of crisps/chocolates popping up is due to your old bad eating habits. This is why we are all on mfp, to change our way of life to enjoy a more healthy fit lifestyle.

If you are on "diet" you will not allow yourself these types of things.. if you have made a lifestyle change then you need to look for low cal, low sodium/sugar options to satisfy this craving.

Don't go back to the thought process that " is only a few, a few won't hurt" as that is how we ALL ended up on MFP!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you can fit a couple into your calorie allotment, do so. If not, then promise yourself to work it in sometime this week.

You can make potato chips in the microwave. Thinly sliced potato lined on a microwave safe plate sprayed with cooking spray. I count it as a plain baked potato.