NVS with running

Options
brittg7
brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
so i am a runner no doubt about that but i have been getting sick and battling with it, along with taking 18 units this semester and student teaching twice a week and working 2 jobs to say the least im over whelmed and running has taken a bit of a step back....i also have semi dislocated my shoulder again for the 6th time and now am in the process of seeing doctors to have surgery to fix the problem...so now no more weights and running when i have done it has hurt cause of the shoulder movement...

BUT TODAY...i went for my first run outside in a long time...and i ran 3.2 miles a 5k in 28.3 minutes!!!!

it is giving me hope that i can run my 10k on Thanksgiving in under an hour :)

OHHHHH and i ran without headphones!!!! :D

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Glad to see you shed those crutches from your ears! :wink:

Keep up the great work Britt!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!

Keep up the great work! You'll easily hit this 10k in under an hour! I think we've got the same goal, I want to run an official 10k race in under an hour this year (if I can find one I'm able to run)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, girlfriend! Proud of you!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, well done!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    good job! i'm aiming to run a 5k in under 30 mins. good for you! and i haven't been able to get rid of the music, so you're 1 up on me there too.
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options
    Great job!! Trying to do anything while sick is a challenge in itself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!