Kettlebells - How many calories?

Options
Hi - I have another question... how many calories per hour does kettlebells burn? I think I really need to invest in a HRM but for now I'm going to have to conservatively estimate... I'm 132lbs and 5'6... Thanks!!

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    It depends on the workout. Get a HRM so you don't have to guess. Polar FT4 is around $50, and well-worth the headache of guessing calories burned. :smile:
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I did a kettlebell conditioning class, with kettlebell work and some body weight cardio (mountain climbers, pushups, situps, lunges, etc) for about 45 minutes of solid work I would burn about 320-360 calories depending on the day. I am 5'6" and 144 lbs for reference.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hard to say exactly, but if you are putting in good effort, swinging the KBs, and not taking long breaks, your are burning about 600 cals pr hour, and probably more if you are really workin it:) love my KBs!
  • kwann81
    Options
    When I did a kettlebell conditioning class, with kettlebell work and some body weight cardio (mountain climbers, pushups, situps, lunges, etc) for about 45 minutes of solid work I would burn about 320-360 calories depending on the day. I am 5'6" and 144 lbs for reference.

Thanks! This sounds very much like the class I take...