Any members in Alaska?

Options
I'm new and have gained some new friends on here for support today, but I'd like a few more from Alaska. I figure it'd be good for information sharing, at least.

I've lived with "bad eaters" for a few years now, and I'd like to break my cycle of using their bad habits as an excuse for my own. I also have a junk food junkie sharing my office space at work - he keeps a bucket of candy bars in a central location and eats fried food every day! My other coworkers are health nuts, but they're much farther along in their journeys. I'm hoping to find a workout partner with a membership to my gym soon to keep me motivated on the exercise front.

Since I can't absolutely count on motivation and support in my home and work presents a struggle, having other people whose stories I can follow will likely help. If those stories are close to home, all the better :)

Thanks!

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    I just moved to Alaska from Texas about a month ago! Feel free to friend me! I'm worried about the winter and how I'm going to get workouts in and keep myself interested. I live near a military base and have gym privileges there so I at least have that and home DVDs but getting outside is one of my favorite excuses to work out! The -40 to -50 degree temps do not excite me =(
  • akgirl42
    akgirl42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Welcome to Alaska. Where in AK are you? I live in Anchorage. I was born and raised here :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Alaska!!! I live out in Peter's Creek but work in Anchorage
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me!! I'm in Anchorage!
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska, The Chugiak area. I am in my early 20's looking for some other fitness buddies.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I live in Anchorage! Its freeking cold and foggy today! Im adding all you Alaska people.