Boob job post weightloss?

Options

Replies

Options
    I've always been an A or AA cup and, honestly, I love my boobs. I don't think I've ever felt having small breasts makes me less feminine or sexy. To me, feeling sexy or feminine is all our minds--a person who doesn't think she/he is sexy is doomed to be unsexy until he/she can turn that thinking around. I don't really have anything to say about anyone else's private decision, but I think it would be a waste to spend the money and realize you don't feel comfortable with your body no matter what you do to it. I would personally do a lot of soul searching before I took that big step. Not to mention, surgery is painful and recovery is awful.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I'm all for do what makes you happy and boost up your confidence! I had my augmentation a few months ago and I love them. I lost weight before I got them then I gained a few pounds back after but I still felt sexy and I still do :) So if you want them, keep saving and good luck ;)
  • 2blueeyedbabies
    Options
    I for one say do what makes you happy...

I've had two kids and, even though I've lost 50lbs, the girls haven't changed...still as big as ever, LOL! They are saggy, however, and my dear husband has promised me a boob job and tummy tuck (to get rid of the pregnancy skin and stretch marks) when I hit my goal. :)
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I love how people on a weight loss / exercise site can be so judgmental. I use to be one of those "plastic surgery is for fake people " people but then human reasoning kicked in.

The argument is; it is for vanity, it is for "low self esteem people" etc.

Do we not buy clothes when we lose weight too make ourselves look better? Do we not buy sun glasses or form fitting clothes to show off our bodies? Is doing that an extension of low self esteem or pride? Do we not purchase or make decisions regarding the vehicles we choose, the CELL PHONES we buy, the houses we rent or buy based on how those objects would make us look or feel. Or how about the things we do too build muscle to have toning, too look hot and thin ? Isnt that based on the same emotional need / drive as someone who wants a boob job? You cant muscle your way to them, sorry not built that way.

I have been blessed with a wife that is well developed in that department (though she lost some in her weight loss but still look great) but Ive dated A cups to F cups and quite frankly, a sexy woman is a confident woman. If a woman wants bigger or smaller or well defined boobs and that makes her feel confidant which ultimately leads to feeling of sexy and comfortable... then so be it.

Stop being hypocrites ... I learned my lesson now pay attention and learn yours!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    personally I prefer small boobs vs. fake ones. fake anything is a turn off. I respect small boob women - ex. gwen stephani, rachel ray, etc. i think lot of men share this view. :flowerforyou:

btw, you are a beautiful young girl. maybe waiting few years may bring new perspective. :smile:

Do you respect women with big breasts?
  • lovessweets
    Options
    I would like a boob lift but im planing on having kids in the next three years so maybe after that.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was going to. But I actually just decided not to. I didn't want to explain to my teenage daughters why they should love themselves, and find others that will love them, just the way they are when mommy spend $7K on new boobies....

^^^^THIS!

Good for you! I can think of much better ways to spend $7K. Plus, I'm fairly well endowed and wish I was a lot smaller. Big boobs are not all they're cracked up to be...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,but with that said....there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel better about ourselves. If the OP,can afford to get her boobs done. Then good for her!:)
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    Holy crap I had no idea this would get such a huge response.

Just to let all of you know, when i checked the thread, i had 77 responses. only 10 of those were people answering my question.
    "Just wonder has anyone else gotten new boobies since they lost weight or are planning to?" Only 10 said they had them or was going to get them. 10! The rest of you were just throwing your opinions out there like, what if you die? what will your child think of you? youll NEVER be able to breastfeed! you must have low self esteem! You're on a weightloss site, posting a rude post about me wanting to improve myself? In that case, if you diet or exercise, you must have horrible self esteem!

Think about that before you go pooping all over my post. I've made my decision to get them, I DO have a child, do NOT plan on anymore. I DID breastfeed. I was giant, lost all the weight, got pregnant, gained it all back and breastfed for 6 months. Then lost all the weight again. Now you tell me what kind of condition you think my tatas are going to be in.

Wait, scratch that. I don't care what you think. My boobs, my problem.

So i'll ask again, anyone have implants or plan on getting them after weightloss? =)

I just wanted to say good luck on your consultation! :wink:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Im a big advocate of mind your own business and let people do what they want with their bodies, and if they come here looking for support then support them, and if you do not support what they are doing just leave the thread.

This is a public forum and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion.

There are those of us that don't believe in plastic surgery. I, personally don't believe in it except for reconstruction purposes after being burned, mutilated or some injury that may leave a person deformed.

Vanity surgery is stupid to me and is severe indication of self hate and low self esteem.

I guess I listened when my mother said if you do not have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all. But, this place, like the real world is full of people who just like to throw their negative comments around when someone does something they do not agree with.
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    Why yes, yes I am. Fake silicon all the way, as opposed to the real kind ;) Does it really matter? Boobs are boobs no matter how you look at them. Mine will be more noticeable, less saggy, and ultimately make me happier in the end. Is that SO bad? If it is, i recommend you stop trying to lose weight and improve yourself. Because that puts you an I in the same boat. ;)
    '

saying people who want to get in shape are the same as you wanting to have bigger breast is the most inane thing i have ever heard.

Improving our well being by eating right and exercising is not even close to the same thing as putting yourself in danger to have an elective surgery so you can have bigger tits.

Honey,

There are risks to EVERY surgery elective or not!
  • Shyloh1
    Options
    I don't get why people have to be so judgemental?

Why has this become such a debate? Is there anything wrong with getting implants to balance out a women's body after/before weight loss? We all get new hair dos,buy new clothes to feel and look good about ourselves right?
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    To me, there is a difference between "I'm getting a boob job to get attention" and "I'm getting a boob job to reconstruct my damaged breasts".

Plastic surgery after weight loss is more of a reconstructive surgery than anything. It's not about being vain, it's about getting you body back. There's nothing wrong with wanting to look nice in sweaters and feel womanly.

If this is important to the OP to regain her previous body and confidence, then I say more power to you! At the end of my journey I will decide if I'm happy with how my body has healed from the weight loss and if not, I'll have the reconstructive surgery.

Leave the poor woman alone. If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't comment.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    To me, there is a difference between "I'm getting a boob job to get attention" and "I'm getting a boob job to reconstruct my damaged breasts".

That kinda says it all. I think Heidi Montag would have been better served by having intensive therapy instead of intensive surgery, but most people on here are looking to repair, not just inflate.

I do have to admit, that as someone who's always had small boobs, half-heartedly considered getting bigger ones, and deciding against it for MYSELF, I think there's way too much emphasis on boobs in society. I want to slap guys who complain that their women lose breast size after losing weight. "Wah... she used to have Double Z's and now she's only an H!" I get eye strain from rolling my eyes. :wink:

But on the other hand, if someone tells me that I should embrace my greys and stop dying my hair... :explode:
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    I love how people on a weight loss / exercise site can be so judgmental. I use to be one of those "plastic surgery is for fake people " people but then human reasoning kicked in.

Do we not buy clothes when we lose weight too make ourselves look better? Do we not buy sun glasses or form fitting clothes to show off our bodies? Is doing that an extension of low self esteem or pride? Do we not purchase or make decisions regarding the vehicles we choose, the CELL PHONES we buy, the houses we rent or buy based on how those objects would make us look or feel. Or how about the things we do too build muscle to have toning, too look hot and thin ? Isnt that based on the same emotional need / drive as someone who wants a boob job? You cant muscle your way to them, sorry not built that way.

I have been blessed with a wife that is well developed in that department (though she lost some in her weight loss but still look great) but Ive dated A cups to F cups and quite frankly, a sexy woman is a confident woman. If a woman wants bigger or smaller or well defined boobs and that makes her feel confidant which ultimately leads to feeling of sexy and comfortable... then so be it.

Stop being hypocrites ... I learned my lesson now pay attention and learn yours!
    I agree with that, but:

And usually risk-benefit evaluations take into account. If you have a cancer or a bowel perforation, this is clear... but in plastic surgery... Do you really need it THAT much that you are taking those risks?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm a big advocate for the, "love the body you have" side of things.

I am too, though I my rather flat chested sister gets on my case every time I say it.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Having seen four cousins go through with various surgeries, I am against them as an elective. One cousin has had to go get them redone three times, and hers wasn't for cosmetic reasons but because she had a double mastectomy due to family history of early, agressive and deadly breast cancer. Some are blessed with stick legs that the thighs don't touch but small chests. Some are blessed with larger chests but no matter what their thigs will always rub against each other even when at the lower end of a healthy bmi. Embrace the body God has given to you, I say. The risks of an elective surgery just aren't worth it.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Why yes, yes I am. Fake silicon all the way, as opposed to the real kind ;) Does it really matter? Boobs are boobs no matter how you look at them. Mine will be more noticeable, less saggy, and ultimately make me happier in the end. Is that SO bad? If it is, i recommend you stop trying to lose weight and improve yourself. Because that puts you an I in the same boat. ;)
    '

saying people who want to get in shape are the same as you wanting to have bigger breast is the most inane thing i have ever heard.

Improving our well being by eating right and exercising is not even close to the same thing as putting yourself in danger to have an elective surgery so you can have bigger tits.

Honey,

no way! how long have you been holding onto this information?

tell me more...
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    *Speechless* I don't understand why people can be so judgemental...especially on a site like this. To each his/her own.

And to the OP, yes, I plan on getting a breast reduction and lift when I get very close to my goal weight. If that involves silicone to give the lift better bounce, then so be it. Good luck on your consultation and excellent job on your weight loss. :)
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

:drinker:

Well said.
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am hesitant to post this, but I got surgery 2 years ago after I lost 30 pounds and looked like a boy, it was very difficult to explain to my 3 teenage children, my daughter gave me the hardest time, but I explained to her that even she was more endowed than me and she is pretty tiny too. My boys were supportive just wanted to make sure I knew that they loved me no matter what. I actually went smaller than my doctor suggested because I wanted a natural look. I will tell you that you really need to be motivated that you are doing it for yourself, because honestly nobody notices or cares, I get compliments on my general appearance and I think it's because I am more proportioned now. I ended up with a C cup and am very satisfied. I love how my clothes fit and especially bathing suits. The final decision needs to be yours don't let anyone talk you into or out of it , do it for yourself. I was 45 when I did my surgery so it was a lifelong dream for me. Good Luck and God Bless.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!