Looking for friends

I'm 35 and I have a desk job. I am in pretty good shape as I like to work out when I make time and I'm always walking my dog. However, my problem is lack of consistency. I'm looking for friendly motivated people to help me stay on the wagon. I don't want to do a challenge for a month, think that I'm now awesome, and then fall behind again. Sure, working out is about looking good in our skinny jeans but it's also about continually being conscious of good healthy decisions.

So let's make each other laugh, think of creative ways to get off our butts and stay on track!

And if you wanna know what kind of nerd I am, I take the long way to the bathroom on the fourth floor just to get out of my chair a little bit longer. I measured the steps with my pedometer and realize that four trips equal the steps in one mile. :tongue:

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Welcome! This site is great! You will find lots of encouragement here. I wish I had steps at work to walk up to make my trip to the bathroom exercise! But good for you for thinking creativly!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    You sound creative enough to come up with some interesting challenges! I was just recently challenged by one of my friends to run 10k this weekend, since I was teetering on whether I wanted to try it. I said "What the hell!" and am going for it. I'll add you and look forward to getting in shape and adventure. I work in IT and sit at a desk all day as well, so this should be interesting, lol! Talk to ya soon!
  • We sound like the same kind of nerdy! I am also looking for more supporters on here and it sounds like we have the same hurdles. :happy: