November Shred-It Challenge Day 3

Options
Good Morning Everyone!

As predicted, I'm extremely sore this morning! It feels good though knowing that the soreness is coming from hard work.

I thought I'd ask everyone a question:

Have you set a goal for yourself by the end of this challenge? Could be weight loss, could be inches lost, could be to fit into a pair of old jeans.

My goal by November 30th: I'm in need of a new pair of jeans, but I didnt want to buy them know only to have them (hopefully) fit loosely by the end of the month. So my goal is to be buy a new pair of jeans for myself on November 30th and have them look amazing!

Have a great day! Let's keep this challenge going strong!

Replies

• Abelrose
    Options
    My goal is to be down in the 150s again...on my way to 130. Just had to get a hold of myself. I was approaching 170 which is my highest weight to date. Good luck with your weight loss efforts. I'm trying to stay at 1200 calories/day and 32 minutes of vigorous elliptical machine workout at night. Trying to keep that inner motivation, that ironness of will. Once the momentum of weight loss starts then the effort becomes easier. You're in a groove and only need to focus.
  • kenzie112278
    Options
    Hi!

Just wondering if I could join this group? My challenge is to lose 7 lbs. (be at 120) and be in training to start the Polar Bear Series of runs at my area YMCA. It starts January 1st with a 5k and ends with a 1/2 marathon! I did my first 1/2 marathon in September, but I would really like to increase my endurance and time! I look forward to talking with you!

MacKenzie
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My goal is to just make it through the 30 days without taking too many rest days!! I'm hoping as it goes along that I won't be as sore everyday....The inches that come off will be interesting too! I just hope I have as good of results as everyone else seems to have with this program!!

Goodluck everyone!
  • micmac327
    Options
    Hi!

Just wondering if I could join this group? My challenge is to lose 7 lbs. (be at 120) and be in training to start the Polar Bear Series of runs at my area YMCA. It starts January 1st with a 5k and ends with a 1/2 marathon! I did my first 1/2 marathon in September, but I would really like to increase my endurance and time! I look forward to talking with you!

MacKenzie

Absolutely you can join, MacKenzie! I love your goal! Welcome to the group!!!! :happy:
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    This challenge is combined with another challenge I have set for myself and my goal is to get to 160 lbs. My other challenge is to burn 1000 calories a day for 5-6 days a week for the month of November. My final goal is to get to and maintain 130 lbs, this will come with time and perserverance.

Since this is my second time through the 30DS, I know how it feels when you DO it and you DON'T do it. The Shred is great for losing inches for sure.

Have fun and stay strong. YOU can do it. Just Shred It!
  • amandadactyl
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred with my sister on Nov 1. My goal besides making it through all 30 days (the furthest I have ever gotten was 19 days) is to lose inches and shape up. As much as I would LOVE to be down weight, I think as long as inches come off, weight is just a number. Noone knows what you weigh but you can see what you look like. Good luck everyone!!!
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of thinking I might gain weight, but if I lose the inches I want (hips and thighs) and tone up my stomach more then I will be happy. I've tried to incorporate a run as well, so hopefully I don't just gain muscle. I'd like to be 125 by the end, but seeing as though the lowest I have EVER been is 128, and that was on supplements that helped me burn more and eat less, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I am going home in 2 weeks and staying for an entire week, so I will be happy if I can accomplish this with my full week of travel.

Oh yeah, and I bought a pair of jeans that don't appear to fit right now. It would be great if they did after this, lol.
  • lilroo82
    Options
    L1 D3 done... Found it a bit easier today, and even managed a few press ups. The hardest bit of the whole work out for me is the first 2 mins of cardio - jacks, jump rope, jacks, jump rope, gets me every time!

By the end of the 30ds I'm hoping to have gained fitness, shed a couple of inches and generally just feel better about myself.

Hang in there everyone!! :smile:
  • lpaulin1
    Options
    Just finished today's workout! Yay! Very happy. Hmmm... goals.. where to begin. I have so many, but I'm trying not to be overly ambitious.
    1. Do all 30 days (already missed yesterday, but learned my lesson about timing and not letting my family hijack my plans)
    2. Faithfully record my food - the good, the bad, and the ugly.
    3. Would really like to lose 9 pounds this month. This would bring me to 220 and hopefully motivate me to get to 199 by my birthday in Jan.

Of course, I would be thrilled to see measurements go down and have clothes fit more nicely at the end of the month.

I really enjoy this workout (so far).
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 done . I was soo sore after the workout for the rest of yesterday. I thought I would have been hurting worse when I woke up today. I wasn't in pain today so that was good. I already felt a little stronger doing the shred today.

My goal is to lose enough inches to fit into my jeans so I don't have to buy any. I would also like this to be the kick off I need to start loosing weight. Nothing else has worked but I hope this will.
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I want to start adding in some walking as well. Does anyone know if it would be better to do the cardio first then the shred or vice vera?
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    SHRED - D3L1 Done! :smile:
    Woke up this morning with a painful neck & shoulder. Luckily my physio had an appointment free & her advice was - Go Shred! It was just a kink and working out helps - yippie! :heart:
    It was sooo much easier today & I was picking up the pace!
    My Goals for November
    1. Do the Shred, faithfully, for 30 Days
    2. Lose weight
    3. Lose inches
    4. Use the Shred as my anchor so I will eat well (& record everything!) I find when I exercise I automatically clean up on the eating.

Happy Shredding All

Starlight - I'd do the cardio AFTER the Shred . . . .

Lisa :smile:
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good Job Ladies!!! Doesnt it feel so good afterwards to know you did another tough day!?

I just woke up and have yet to do my Day 3, (still sitting here drinking coffee), butyea, Im still as sore as yesterday, but I also added 30 mins of steps to my workout day yesterday. I always feel like I need to add extras in there! I feel doing this alone isnt going to be enough...I might go for a jog/walk today...we'll see haha

My goals for completing this month of 30DS, would be to lose weight, even just 4 lbs would make me happy again, I would know Im at least getting somewhere again. Also I just want to fit my clothes better! Last week I got into my only good pair of jeans, and they ripped in the inner thigh!!!!
    So I too want to buy myself a new great pair of jeans soon, but not at the end of this month, I still have a way to go before I want to spend that money! So Inches!!! I need to lose some. I think back to a couple months ago and I was the thinnest I had been in years and I was so happy because I felt so great. I could almost wear anything and wasnt afraid to be naked in front of my bf, but now, I just want to hide and clothes make me grouchy cause they all fit so gross, and I know it looks gross too!

Are you guys noticing a difference in your body yet? (other than the soreness!)
    Im feeling tighter. I'm not yet, but I feel it in my mind haha, so its at least motivating me to keep going :)
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    Parent-teacher conference this morning threw off my usual workout routine...now have to do mine this evening (which, btw I LOATHE working out in the evenings). Im down 2.5 lbs on the scale today which shocked the hell outta me!! Its my TOM, so I usually retain lots of water...hoping to see more lbs down when I check back this weekend!! :)

Is everyone super duper sore today??? Day 3 was pretty bad for me. I felt so much better yesterday and even better today! Although my arms are still pretty sore!
  • Ash091512
    Options
    Parent-teacher conference this morning threw off my usual workout routine...now have to do mine this evening (which, btw I LOATHE working out in the evenings). Im down 2.5 lbs on the scale today which shocked the hell outta me!! Its my TOM, so I usually retain lots of water...hoping to see more lbs down when I check back this weekend!! :)

Is everyone super duper sore today??? Day 3 was pretty bad for me. I felt so much better yesterday and even better today! Although my arms are still pretty sore!

^^^ YAY good for you! And yes, very sore today. Im on day 3. My arms are not as sore as they were on day 2, but my thighs burn alot more!

Keep it up ladies!!! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I worked in both of my daughters classrooms at school today so I just finished day 3. Arms are sore but otherwise it is easier than it was yesterday.
  • micmac327
    Options
    I want to start adding in some walking as well. Does anyone know if it would be better to do the cardio first then the shred or vice vera?

For me personally, I would do Shred first, then go for a walk. Youre legs will be sore after Shred, but it'll feel good to stretch them out on a walk. The other way, you may tire out your legs during your walk and not be able to give Shred 100%. That's my thinking.
  • micmac327
    Options
    I'm doing a 60-minute bootcamp tonight plus 2 hours of dance (jazz and tap) so I'm counting the bootcamp as my Shred for the day.

Did anyone observe high amounts of energy today? I've felt exhilerated ever since I woke up. I attribute it to 3 days of exercise and clean eating.

Nice work everyone!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I just completed L1D2 and this thing is kicking my butt. Today I used two 5 lbs weights and wasn't able to do the workout 100% as I wished. Hopefully it'll get easier. I did sweat a lot so I must have burned something! Looking forward to completing this and seeing my 'after' pictures. :)
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!! I'm so excited to be part of a big group of Shredders! Its so motivating!

I'm still at work so it will be a late night shred for me.

GOALS:

145lbs -- November 30th

AND TO FINISH 30 DAYS OF THIS!! woo wooo!