Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners - who is actually prepare

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I plan on destroying everything in my path without any regard for calories, macros, or the tracking of them. I also plan on not having any post-thanksgiving guilt.

Now all that being said, the ability to do so depends greatly on the individuals relationship with food, and ability to get back on track afterwards.

For those that can deliberately stuff their face with complete recklessness BUT resume the next day like nothing happened, I think this is the way to go.

Obviously for those people who would crash and burn afterwards, I wouldn't recommend it.

yep, thats my plan too! for christmas, not thanks giving, we dont have that here!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm prepared to eat myself into a food coma on Thanksgiving :glasses: it's one day, its been one day for my whole life, and will be one day the rest of my life. If I gain water weight, I gain water weight, it won't kill me.

THIS! i'm so glad i'm not the only one scheduling in a food coma.

though i DO plan on going for a run with the puppy in the morning - i have to get up early to put the bird in, i'll do that, take him to the park, jog, terrorize some water fowl, come home, shower, finish cooking, watch the dog show. the jog is new, but that's the ONLY change i'm making to the day.

i'll even have a glass or two of wine!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to find people who were actually planning on staying 'with the program', as opposed to people who plan on cheating on these days... some of us cant go hog-wild and just let anything be eaten due to medical situations... hence my original post...

Thanks anyways...
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    due to medical situations... hence my original post...
    Your OP didn't say anything about a medical situation...:huh:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    due to medical situations... hence my original post...
    Your OP didn't say anything about a medical situation...:huh:

I didnt have to mention it thinking my post was specifically asking for people staying OP....
  • sparrow747
    Options
    What does "on program" mean for you? For me this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. One way MFP has really helped me, is by teaching me what a calorie really is. Therefore, I can eat holiday foods in moderation and even stay within my calorie goal! Not to say I wont' splurge though. :)