340 Calories left for dinner?

Options
Does anyone have any good ideas about dinner.....
Im gonna have 340 cal left

Please no Fish
And i really wanna feel full so i wont eat more later..

-carol

Replies

• carolstrange0
    Options
    Does anyone have any good ideas about dinner.....
    Im gonna have 340 cal left

Please no Fish
    And i really wanna feel full so i wont eat more later..

-carol
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    chicken breast and lot of veggies
  • olsen022
    olsen022 Posts: 7
    Options
    SHRIMP to me is filling and very few calories. Stir fry some with veggies (and a little soy sauce if sodium levels OK)...serve with 1/2 cup of brown rice and it should do the trick. If you're hungry later, have some 100 calorie micro popcorn.

~L
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Chicken and squash (butternut or spaghetti) mixed with salsa and parmesan cheese.
    Whole wheat spaghetti with marinara sauce (the whole wheat fills me up a lot more than the regular)
    Can of soup with some sour cream added - fat free of course
    30 minute exercise video to earn you an extra 200+ calories. :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    A big fat salad with grilled chicken, lite olive oil vinagrette, and all kinds of veggies. That's what I will eat if I am low on caloies for dinner. The one I make up is usually about 275 cals or so. I usually add a serving of whole wheat prezels too, but that's just me.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    HUGE salad. I'm telling you, you can have an entire bag of fresh lettuce, add tomatoes, mushrooms, orange pepper, snap peas... and then if you need some protein, add some grilled chicken. I use the Newman's Own lite dressings. The balsamic only has 45 calories for 2 tbs and it's really good. When I enter everything in, it comes out to less than 200 calories, depending on how much chicken I add. Plus it takes a long time to eat, so you feel satisfied.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Have you done any type of physical activity today that you haven't logged? Even house cleaning burns calories :smile: I love a ginormous salad for dinner. Baby carrots, mixed lettuce and grape tomatoes with low cal croutons, mmmmmm! Kroger and Fred Meyer have a light ranch dressing that is only 30 calories per serving. I think I'll go have a salad now!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just found a yummy recipe!!! http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/pork-stir-fry
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Two slices of weight watchers whole wheat bread (90 cals), boca burger (70 cals), then use the rest for a side dish, like a hundred calorie pack of chips, some fruit, some yogurt, whatever piques your interest. That'll actually leave you with a tiny bit left over.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Perdue Perfect Portions are AMAZING! :love: There is only 110 calories in each piece of chicken, and they're good sized. They come individually wrapped, and with several different seasoning combinations. They're SO tender and very, very good. You'll still have 230 calories left! :happy:
  • shannon128
    Options
    Veggie Chili- about 100 calories, which leaves room for dessert! It is full of protein so it is low fat and really filling.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Chicken tomato and lentil soup. Boil 2 tablespoon lentils dry + 1 whole tomato (or canned) + 3 oz chicken breast.
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    thanks everyone for all your help!
    I had a salad and some chicken.... delicious

I have never had veggie chili ... whats the best way to cook it and wheres the best place to get it?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Veggie chilli? Pretty easy, We make a low cal chilli too, but we put ground turkey breast in it. Still only about 130 cals per serving (1 serving is about a cup and a 1/2 for the wife and I)

we use, chilli mix, turkey meat, red kidney beans, medium heat hot peppers, onions, tomato paste, water, black beans, some cumin, peppers, some garlic. You can also add corn, we do when we don't put turkey in it.

the only thing to be aware of is how many beans you put in, they can be high in cals, so you want to make sure you don't go overboard with them.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite:
    Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili

http://www.eatmedelicious.com/2008/02/sweet-potato-and-black-bean-chili.html

Serves 3-4 as a meal.

1 tbsp vegetable oil
    2 medium onions, chopped
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1 cup vegetable broth
    2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 28-oz (796mL) cans diced tomatoes
    2 19-oz (540mL) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp crumbled dried oregano

Heat the oil in a large saucepan* or Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook, stirring, over medium heat until the onions are soft - about 5 minutes. Add the chili powder and the cumin and cook for another minute or so. Add the vgetable broth and the cubed sweet potatoes, reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the potatoes are almost tender - about 10 minutes.

Add the tomatoes with all the juice from the can, the beans, salt, and oregano. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then let simmer until the potatoes are completely tender - about 20 minutes.

*Go for the Dutch oven if you can, unless your saucepan is really very large.

080120-chili.jpg
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    What I did and it tasted awesome....
    100 cl wrap
    80 cl tuna pack
    romaine lettuce
    with home made dressing... Yogurt/balsamic vinegar/lemon/dill (35 cl)
    Only 215 cls

Rest you can have a side of veggies?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    A high fiber taco or burrito sized tortilla (150-225 calories) Top with 1/4 cup tomato sauce (20 calories), mounds of veggies (onion, tomato, green pepper, mushrooms, hot banana pepper, etc) and a 1-1.5 ounce mixture of lowfat/fat free mozzarella cheese (under 100 calories)- Maybe even half a dozen slices of turkey pepperoni (25 calories)

Will be a nice sized pizza and definitely have 350 or less calories!