Jiggly Like Jello!

Options
Hello, friends! This may sound very weird, but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced a jiggly belly since loosing weight? Before MFP, I began my weight loss journey on September 5, 2011. Since MFP I have lost 9 pounds, but my total loss since September is 17 pounds. Before I began this journey, my stomach was kind of big, but not jiggly, just solid. Now when I workout, I notice my stomach jiggles, even when I just laugh hard(which is a lot)! This is kind of embarrassing to tell, but I know we are all fam! Does anyone know why this is? I have been doing some ab work, but I want to get Jillian Michaels' Ab workout, so I can have at least a flat belly, if not a six pack one day. Has anyone tried her ab workouts? Thanks guys!!

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    That is because it is disappearing!!!! You will find that happening all over your body! Little things you notice!
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not sure - I'm just jiggly since having kids no matter the gain or loss since then...
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    From what I've heard, a hard stomach means that the fat is underneath your muscles which is harder to lose. I'm assuming that since you're losing weight (congrats by the way), your muscle mass is improving and increasing, therefore distributing/eliminating that fat within your stomach. I'm not a doctor or anything, but this is what I've heard!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Yep...and I have about 20lbs of extra tummy skin to show for losing 100+ pounds :)
    Depending on your age, how long you were obese etc --- it bounces back better for some.
    I am almost 50, was morbidly obese for about 25 years and it's not going anywhere without a tummy tuck.

My best friend now is shapewear :) I always wear a long shapewear top to the gym to help suck in the flab so I can bounce around in Zumba!

PS I've seen 3 plasticu surgeons who told me I have an amazing 6-pack under my extra skin so the gym is working :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've heard that when fat breaks down your body replaces it with water temporarily and that's why it goes all soft and squidgy...after a while your body should drop the water and you might get a few pounds drop at once
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Loose skin is probably the culprit. Once the skin is stretched out, it doesn't really snap back as fast as the fat disappears, if ever. My skin is super stretched out (had 2 big babies and was really heavy), and now I have a lot of jiggly loose skin. But keep up the good work!
  • snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dont know what cable you have but we have time warner that has sports/fit tv and you can do abs work out there and the shred in 30 days does some abs too. Just sayin before you go and buy something. Shape magazine.com and bodybuilders.com has exercises too you can try..

I am with you I have jiggle and skin and want it gone.... One day at a time honey its so hard to see improvement espically in the abs...
    You can do this.. luv ya..
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell you why, but I'm the same way. My belly was hard before (I used to make jokes that if people didn't know better they'd probably think I was pregnant)...but now I'm jiggly. And not just my tummy, my arms, my thighs, everything seems to be more jiggly...its like the fat separated from the muscle and just moves all on its own now Its annoying, but I figure its a "phase" I just have to go through until I can lose enough and then go the other direction and start firming up.