Finally saying hello!

Options
I've actually been on this site for a little over 2 months, lol, and have posted a few times on topics that popped up on my home page, but never actually got around to saying hello! Sooooo, here it is....

My name is Jeremy, I'm from northern California. I started MFP through a friend who knew I was trying to lose weight and was using it herself. I went to visit my friend in Vallejo and we were taking pictures when I realized in one of the pictures that I really had let myself go and I really needed to change. Mid-July, I decided I was going to get control back and start losing weight, stop eating crap, and get into shape!
My starting weight was 263lbs... Never in my life have I been so big, nor thought I had gotten to that point! It was definitely a reality check when I took the initial step on to the scale. I cut out fast food all together, no soda, no more alcohol :(, and started to eat and drink much healthier. Years before, I had tried C25K but never really made it past the first 2 weeks. I have always loved to run, running is now not only an exercise for me, but a hobby. I have completed the C25K program since, and I am now training for a half-marathon coming up next spring. I'm now at 230lbs even, and still have about 30lbs to go, and have never been more motivated to get there!
I'm sure theres so much that i've missed or didn't get to, but feel free to ask or add me, I'm always looking for new friends and avid runners to talk with and gain encouragement or trade questions, tips, technique, etc.

Replies

• Kimmys012185
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm trying to do the C25K program too...I've never been much of a runner but I want to be! Congrats on the awesome weight loss and good luck on the marathon!
  • mistiesnshn77
    mistiesnshn77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a Nor Cal girl myself...from Stockton.

For me, it was a similar thing...pics from a work BBQ. I was like, "Holy crap...I'm HUGE!" Then, I made the change. Always looking for new friends, so feel free to add me if you'd like.

Mistie
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks Kimmy :) The C25K is definitely a great program to help get anyone into a running habit! It's worked extremely well for myself, and now running without it, I almost miss it haha. But as long as there is some good music on, its no problem to go as long as my legs will take me before they give up haha.

Thank you for the welcome Mistie, I'm in the sac/roseville area. It was crazy seeing a picture of myself and not recognizing who it was almost. It was definitely good to see though, helped me open my eyes and get me back on the right track!
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • jermyZ
    jermyZ Posts: 27
    Options
    Thank you! :)