Hi! Norwegian geek peeking in...

Options
Hello, people!

I was born back when a de Soto was the pace car for Indy 500, never could figure out why people aren't nicer to each other, and currently reside 2km from the nearest public road, inside a forested game preserve/agricultural area in southern Norway.

Number of neighbors that can complain at Carmina Burana @ 120dB @ 3AM? Read it and weep - Z.E.R.O.

Last week my doctor looked up at me from perusing return forms for bloodwork and whatnot and told me I was very brave. Looking like a question mark at him made his evil grin spread from ear to ear as he dropped the other shoe...

'Facing imminent death with such calm is either bravery or something else.'

Well, I ended up here to look for an anchor point in a lifestyle change and weight loss program.

My ex (R.N., ICU/CCU, O.R. neuro etc etc) once said there was only one word you never wanted to hear from a brain surgeon at work:

'oops'

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I totally read this as "Norwegian girl peeing" haha
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, great to meet you tinque. :) This is an excellent place to organize your food/exercises and get lots of information. Some good, some bad, but tons of info none-the-less.

I am totally and ridiculously interested in Sweden(close enough to Norway, right? :tongue: ) and pretty much all of scandinavian culture, so there is no escape. I must friend you. :)
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    welcome - I'm married to a guy with a Norwegian heritage - add me if you like. And good luck with yr health journey.
  • Welcome!! I'm married to a Norwegian Geek!! We even spell our last name "Johnsen" instead of "Johnson". I have to spell it everywhere we go, because here in the US, that is NOT the way people think to spell it!!

Anyway, best of luck to you!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hey, my Dr told me that in a recent study the group that I fit in over one year--1.7 died--of nothing other than being overweight, if I lost 16 pounds that would put me in the next group and only.3 died in the year. He said the life you save may be your own. He really wants me to lose 27 pounds total to put me in the group where no one died. I've since lost 19 pounds on MFP. Welcome & good luck.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm hosting a Norwegian exchange student in America for this year. I've seen some beautiful pictures and hope to vist there someday.
  • erdelyt
    erdelyt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm actually married to a Norwegian (she came to MD as an au pair) and we moved to Stavanger, Norway for 3 years when we got married. It was very nice! We moved back to the US because of a job offer, but we visit at least once a year. My biggest problem is, most of the food (other than the WONDERFUL Norvegia cheese) is not in My Fitness Pal.

Anyway, good luck!