Anyone gone from a UK size 14/16 down to a size 10?

Options
Hi, I am 5"3 and about a size 14 (depending on the shop I can be a size 12/14/16!) and would LOVE to be a size 10.

Have any of you ladies done it? If so can you answer a few questions for me please?

1) How long did it take you?
2) How much weight did you have to lose to drop to a size 10?
3) What did you find gave you the motivation to continue?

Pics would also be great! x

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    *bump* I'm in the same boat as you!
    I've lost 20lbs since starting and was a UK 16. I'm only a UK 14 now, I'd love to be a 10 too!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would think a few months, depending on how dedicated you are to the whole healthy eating and exercise thing. It took me about 7 months to go from a US 20W to a 6. I'm 5'4".
  • nogrow
    nogrow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 14/16 (depending on the store) to a 10 in 2,5 months. I'm 5'8 (1.77 m). Started out at 78 kg and I am around 69 kg now. My motivation came when I was trying on clothes from a few years back. Every 1-2 weeks I would try them on again and I could see that my muffin top was shrinking. Good luck! You can do it just take your time.
  • nogrow
    Options
    Btw I dont know how to post pictures, but you can see my progress in my profile picture
  • Notfatand30
    Notfatand30 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm bigger than you girls but am the same height with the same end goal, so would like to know the answer too!
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I went from a size 14/16 (depending on the store) to a 10 in 2,5 months. I'm 5'8 (1.77 m). Started out at 78 kg and I am around 69 kg now. My motivation came when I was trying on clothes from a few years back. Every 1-2 weeks I would try them on again and I could see that my muffin top was shrinking. Good luck! You can do it just take your time.

Mine is a very similar story to this one, although I did it a bit slower with breaks in between! I'm 5'8" (1.74m). At the start of January I weighed 176lbs (80kg) and was a 14/16. I lost a bit through dieting alone to get down to 165lbs (75kg) and was a 12/14 at that point. Stayed that way more or less until the end of August. Now since hitting the gym hard two months ago I am falling between a size 10 and a 12, and weigh 150lbs (68kg).
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I think it really depends on your shape. I'm pear shaped, 5 ft 3.5 and I went from 147 lbs (size 12 on tops, 14 on bottoms) and I am now 133 lbs and a size 10 on tops and size 12 on bottoms.
  • nogrow
    Options
    I'm going to hit the gym now too! Tuesday I will get a membership. What is 1.77m in inches?
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 151 and a UK size 12/14 I'd love to be a 10 got to drop to around 9/9 stone 7 I've had 3 children and I'm 37 x
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Oh I got mine wrong! I just checked and I'm actually 1.73m to make me 5'8". Nogrow - if you're 1.77m I'm going to guess that's more like 5'9"?
  • joliejolie123456
    Options
    I was a size 14 after christmas and by may this year i was a size 10. i'm 5'4 and i'd say it took me about 4 months of strict eating and exercising 2-3 times a week in the gym. I noticed the results really quickly though and i lost half a stone in the first two weeks so that definately kept me motivated :) The more you lose the more excited you get to keep going.... in total i lost about 3 stone to become a 10. Good luck, you can definately do it!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I was a size US 14 and it took me about 8-10 mos. to get down to a size 10. I am 5'6". I am now a size 8 for slacks and dresses and a medium for tops. I intentionally took my time. If you lose the weight too quickly, you will end up with wrinkles on your body.
    I worked out 3 times a week, at first with a trainer, and later at home, with a HIIT program she designed for me. I would be happy to support your effort if you send me a friend request.
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a uk16 to a uk10 and have lost 40lbs. I eat low carb so i dont get the normal bloat which means i can fit into clothes with ease. I have found that no matter how much weight you lose you still need to tone up for your clothes to look better on you. It took me a long time to get out of the size 12's (about 6months plateau) then i got a whoosh on the scales and voila, size 10's.
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 154.5lbs at the moment - down from a UK 14/16 to 12/14. Between sizes at the moment - 14s are loose and 12s are snug (big bum and hips - lol).
    Plateaued since July, getting back into the swing of things now! Hoping to get down to a 10/12 by Xmas.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started at UK size 14/16 and I'm now a size 8/10.

Height 5'6

Start weight 175 lbs - current weight 128 lbs

Has taken about 9/10 months

My motivation was a 3 holidays I had booked this year.. and i wanted to look good in a bikini!

I also wanted to run a half marathon which I achieved in september..

Feel free to add me and look at my photos I'm useless and don't know how to post them on here lol
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    hiya, im 4'10 i started at around 146lbs and a size 14/16, im now 116lbs and now fit 8/10. its takes approx 6 months, hope this helps. anything else you want to know just ask :)
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a 16 and want to be about a 10 - any pics of anyone who has done this would be a great motivatior!!
  • chugglebunny
    Options
    I'm a UK 16 started at 216lbs. I'm 5'3. But I don't seem to drop dress sizes very easily. I think it will depend on your shape too. I am down a stone since joining (now 202lbs) but I'm still a 16 :(
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    It does seem to depend a lot on your physical structure. I'm just under 5'8" with a very large frame, and I gain muscle easily - handy for my job, but not for buying clothes. A few years ago, I lost around 40 pounds, and my dress size really didn't change much at all. The way clothes looked, yes, but not the actual size. I remained pretty solidly (no pun intended!) a UK 18, sometimes 16. I'd really love to get to a small UK 14, as I could then buy the clothes I like from many of the higher-end high-street shops that stop at a 14 or occasionally a small 16, but the fact remains that with my frame, that may not be possible for me, even if I were to lose 60 pounds this time around. The point is, the number on your clothes, while it may be a motivating factor for some, can't be a motivating factor for all. In fact, for me, it has rather the opposite effect - months of hard work, and still the same size/shopping problems!

This is mostly directed at chugglebunny, rather than those of you for whom size-change works well (lucky girls!) - find something else to focus on, or you may become demotivated as I did (I put those 40 pounds back on, with a few extra, fairly quickly once I realised nothing had really changed). How your clothes fit, what the scales say, how many inches you've lost, how you feel about yourself - anything but the number on the tag inside your clothes!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started at UK size 14/16 and I'm now a size 8/10.

Height 5'6

Start weight 175 lbs - current weight 128 lbs

Has taken about 9/10 months

My motivation was a 3 holidays I had booked this year.. and i wanted to look good in a bikini!

I also wanted to run a half marathon which I achieved in september..

Feel free to add me and look at my photos I'm useless and don't know how to post them on here lol

Wow you've done really well x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!