Something to replaced Jack3D. It's just too much caffiene.

Options
So I'm looking for those that use work out pre-stims. I'm looking to get off jack3d and onto a smoother pre-stim. I love the lift jack3d gives me before lifting and even a bit of cardio. I know it's not required but the focus and energy gives me some of the best workouts, only caveat.. caffeine and a lot of it. I know there are others out there (white flood, rage), I'm curious to hear what others are using for that pre-work out boost. I am trying to find out without the equivalent of 10 cups of coffee per serving.

I use it for 4 out of 7 days. I don't use it on pure cardio days. Just on heavy lifting days.

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    dude...10 cups of coffee you are looking for...im no expert but I can't see how that is good for anyone.

how about one large *kitten* black coffee before you lift. that should be enough caffeine to get you going. if not...you might want to cut back on your caffeine.

just my 2 cents.

sorry to thread jack you.
  • divy76
    divy76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use Supercharge Xtreme N. O. by Labrada is what I'm currently taking and I have real good success with it. I have taken others before but I like this the best. I have a friend that took the Jack3D and the Supercharge, he said the Supercharge didnt give him the jitters like the Jack3D. Different strokes for different folks... you just got to find what works for you.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Universal Animal Pump, just take out the red pill (caffeine) Your good to go!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Nutrishop has a pre-workout mix called Fuzion K-akg. It's not as "harsh" feeling as Jack3d.
    I recommend the fruit punch flavor.
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I really like ACg to the third power, but it is crazy hard to find. Only 100 mg's of caffine. I like C4 too, its cheaper and easier to find.
  • carloP90X
    Options
    Muscletech Nano Vapor Hardcore
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Agmatine + Superpump max
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've tried 4 pre workout sups...in my opinion, they are ranked below...

1. SuperPump Max (grape) - tastes awesome, doesn't mix well. Gives a lil energy burst, gives incredible pump

2. N.O. Explode (fruit punch) - tastes good (would like grape better), mixes awesome, gives perfect amount of energy and pump (this would be my number 1 if I tried it in grape)

3. C4 Extreme (fruit punch) - not fond of the taste, mixes awesome, gives a bunch of energy, gives minimal pump

4. Jack3d (grape) - tastes ok, mixes awesome, gives a bunch of energy, gives minimal pump

Again, based upon my experience...that's my list. I am currently taking N.O Explode (fruit punch) and loving it. Again, if it were grape it would be my fav.

Cheers to you!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    NO Xplode made me crash hard afterwards. The surge of energy was nice though.
  • cclaborn22
    Options
    I tried Jack3d before and I had the same issues with the caffeine. My old stand by is Gaspari Superpump Max. I love the extra pumps it gives. Other products I've tried tend to make me crash afterwords, but this product helps maintain consistent focus. I also have Scivation Xtend for my BCAA's which I take intra-workout, and that alone helps with my energy during my works and recovery afterwords. Hope this helps!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    MP Assault - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclepharm/assault.html
    AI Maniac - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/maniac.html (there's a ton of AI reps on BB.COm if you get ahold of any of them they'll send you samples. Got some good stuff).

I've tried both and love them both. You might want to try something like Xtend or RecoverPro too.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    dude...10 cups of coffee you are looking for...im no expert but I can't see how that is good for anyone.

how about one large *kitten* black coffee before you lift. that should be enough caffeine to get you going. if not...you might want to cut back on your caffeine.

just my 2 cents.

sorry to thread jack you.

Umm that is why I want to get AWAY from Jack3d and caffeine isn't the main stimulant in it. I don't want the caffeine.. If you haven't tried the work out stims its hard to explain.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Thanks I found access to samples of w.flood, n.o. explode, and assualt. Looks like they are two servings each. Going to give that a shot and see what I like. I keep hearing about w.flood but someone said it was high in caffeine as well.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks I found access to samples of w.flood, n.o. explode, and assualt. Looks like they are two servings each. Going to give that a shot and see what I like. I keep hearing about w.flood but someone said it was high in caffeine as well.

it may not be the caffeine but the 1,3 dimeth that is causing your problems. some people tolerate 1,3 dimeth better than others
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

it may not be the caffeine but the 1,3 dimeth that is causing your problems. some people tolerate 1,3 dimeth better than others

Oh I'm not having problems, I just don't want high amounts of caffeine. I LOVE the energy jack3d gives me. I gave up soda because of the sugar and caffeine so I'd like to lower the caffeine amounts on the pre-stims as well.