Sports Bra

Options
ok, so I have this delimma, I'm a 32 DD and I have to wear a normal bra under a sports bra just to keep me from moving some...doesn't exactly help much. Does anyone have any advice on how to find the right sports bra?!?!?? It's kinda a miserable situation when I'm running

Replies

• jedox
    jedox Posts: 1
    Options
    Title Nine makes amazing, heavy duty sports bras. I'm a 34DD and they work for me.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You could try 2 sports bras at a time, or look for some that are adjustable. They will cost more, but it won't hurt so much.
  • JMM_623_
    JMM_623_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 36D/34DD and I have the same problem. Usually I wear a sports bra a size smaller to STRAP them down and then a workout top with a shelf bra in the lining on top. Both are sold @ Walmart (which is less expensive) & the combination works pretty well. I'm not saying they are stationary, but they are less mobile than normal.

Hope it helps :)
  • BethGutschlag
    BethGutschlag Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Best sports bra ever! www.shockabsorber.co.uk. I'm in NZ and can get them in some stores, not sure about the US if that is where you are, you may be able to buy online. I am also a DD
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact same size and wear moving comfort. So great!!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort has some nice ones. The one I wear is adjustable and has bracing across the top to keep the bounce under control.
  • tiedye
    Options
    Here's their main website, but you can buy them elsewhere on sale/online with free shipping

http://www.movingcomfort.com/DD/sportsbras-DD,default,sc.html
  • DWPedsRN
    DWPedsRN Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Two things NOT to skimp on... your running shoes and your bra! If you're uncomfortable/in pain, you're less likely to stick with it. Quality 'support' makes all the difference!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well first, I'd go to Title Nine. Ironically, they have an ad running on MFP right now. Hahahah. But let me ask you some things:

1- Do you KNOW that you are a 32DD? I mean, have you gone and had someone measure you, at VS or somewhere with professionals?

2- A sports bra is not supposed to completely restrict movement. So don't go shopping for a bra that does that. You'll always be disappointed.

3- I am a dancer and I like DanSkin sport bras. I have relatively large breasts (I'm a D now...I used to be several cup sizes larger than you are before I had a reduction) and the DanSkin bras are great.

4- How long do you keep your bras? A sports bra that is worn daily by a woman of large breasts should be tossed every 45-60 days at the most. Sorry hunny, but your girls stretch out the support system looooooong before the manufacturer says.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

Amy
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    They are spendy but nothing beats an Enell sports bra for larger chests (they are the bras worn on the biggest loser if you watch it) I ordered mine through Lane Bryant-and yes they will order what ever size you need even if you are not "large enough" to shop from their store. I took my 17yr old daguhter there and she is the same size up top as you. She did get some weird looks from people shopping there because she is a little skinny thing but who cares. They were happy to help her and my daughter says it was also the best sports bra she has ever worn.
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret has some nice supporting (sports bra) JUST FYI FOR ALL OF YOU LADIES: Sports bra it's just a term and style; it doesn't mean support--Yes some of us have smaller boobs than others and are just fine wearing a sports bra for working out, (yet it doesn't mean it offers support as regular bra would; just because it's called sports doesn't mean it will offer you the support you need when you work out) For the most part it's used to do sports, true; but it's a style name, like demi bra, or push up bra.
  • kimeister
    Options
    When I was a DD, the only two brands I wore were Champion and Enell.

Some swear by the double bra and other inexpensive solutions, and I tried them all, but it wasn't until I spent a chunk of change (like $40-$50) on a very good sports bra that I found proper support. When I tried on my first DD Champion bra with super support in a ****'s Sporting Goods fitting room and jumped up and down as hard as I could and the girls didn't budge even a tiny bit? I was sold. When you are participating in any sport, there isn't enough to be said about comfort; it will make you or break you.

Good luck!
  • kimeister
    Options
    Way to go with the censorship, MFP. Apparently we aren't all adults here. Let's try something else. I purchased the sports bras at D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods. Here's a link, just in case. Hopefully the store name won't be censored out within the link. http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/
  • newmrswood
    Options
    Well first, I'd go to Title Nine. Ironically, they have an ad running on MFP right now. Hahahah. But let me ask you some things:

1- Do you KNOW that you are a 32DD? I mean, have you gone and had someone measure you, at VS or somewhere with professionals?

2- A sports bra is not supposed to completely restrict movement. So don't go shopping for a bra that does that. You'll always be disappointed.

3- I am a dancer and I like DanSkin sport bras. I have relatively large breasts (I'm a D now...I used to be several cup sizes larger than you are before I had a reduction) and the DanSkin bras are great.

4- How long do you keep your bras? A sports bra that is worn daily by a woman of large breasts should be tossed every 45-60 days at the most. Sorry hunny, but your girls stretch out the support system looooooong before the manufacturer says.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

Amy

I was measured, I'm not exactly happy about it
  • tiedye
    Options
    Actually for the poster who said to get measured at a place like VS, don't. VS will only tell you that you are a size that they sell. I am a 32DD, and if I got measured at VS they will tell me I am either a 32C, 32D, or 34C or D because they don't sell 32DD.

The best places to get measured are either at home with your own tape, OR at a high end department store. I've done it myself and gotten measured at multiple department stores, and they all say 32DD.
  • newmrswood
    Options
    Way to go with the censorship, MFP. Apparently we aren't all adults here. Let's try something else. I purchased the sports bras at D-I-C-K's Sporting Goods. Here's a link, just in case. Hopefully the store name won't be censored out within the link. http://www.****ssportinggoods.com/

LMAO!
  • orange_you_glad
    orange_you_glad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G, and that's the size I've been measured at. It's taken me YEARS to find a sports bra that I like and that serves me well. Currently, I wear the Elomi Energizer bra. It's just like a regular bra -- with an underwire and full cup separation, but it's made out of much heavier-duty athletic fabric. I own two of them, and replace the bras once the underwires go, which is usually 6-8 months.

This is the bra, specifically: http://www.herroom.com/elomi-8040-energise-underwire-sports-bra.shtml?kwid=d0738ed8a865478480660bbb7ae953efe

I know it's a bit expensive, but seriously, these are awesome. I don't ever wear a second bra with this.

The biggest piece of advice I have for women with larger breasts is to get bras that fit like regular bras, with full underwires and good shoulder and back support. Don't expect to be bouce-free, but you do need to stabilize them individually. I can definitely feel it in my back and my hips if I try to run in the wrong bra.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    FWIW, my wife also vouches for the Moving Comfort. It's the best one she's ever had.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am a 36F and do exactly what you do to keep them in place. Unless you can spend a small fortune on a sports bra, you'll have to keep wearing what you wear now.