Hello, new here!

ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
Hello all! Just popped into the message boards for the first time and thought I'd say "hi." I joined the 21st century and got my first iPhone 2 weeks ago and stumbled on this app and am LOVING it!

I'm a 30-something mom of 2 elementary age school kids. I work from home (hence the "ebaymommy" username). I'm a former emotional eater/yo-yo dieter who finally found her groove and have been at or under my goal weight for a couple years now. This summer my family moved to a new state and I found myself struggling with some of the emotional eating issues again and about 7lbs crept back on, so I'm doing what I need to do to get myself back to where I was this summer. I'm still actually at my goal weight, I was about 8lbs under this summer, but I looked and felt great then and I'd like to be back there again.

I've run 4 marathons but am taking a little break from serious running right now....I have something going on with my sciatic nerve that I'm trying to work out.

Replies

• GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Good luck!!!
  • drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Welcome..
  • Your weight loss story is a lot like mine! I'm new here to and I only had 10lbs to lose. However, I used to be 50lbs overweight and a size 10. I decided to get my stuff in gear and lose the weight (which was mind you one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life) and got in the best shape of my life. I was a gym finatic and loved the way I looked. Then I got a job about 3 1/2yrs ago that made going to the gym literally impossible. I kept the weight off all this time until I started a new job 2 months ago. Here I started drinking 2-3 cups daily of as my husband says "a splash of coffee with my cream and sugar." LOL AND 2-4 cans of soda:-O I know, I know, I just was looking for a little pep in my step and went way over board. Like gaining 10lbs in 2 months over board! Now that I have to walk around the office with all of my pants unbottoned, I determined it was probably time to smarten up or I was going to be 50lbs overweight and a size 10 again in no time flat!! Ha So here I am. I'm excited to get back to it though...I want to look like I did before I had to quit the gym. I was so happy! So that's my goal. So you and I are somewhat similar:-) Welcome and good luck! Let me know if you want to be friends on this site, I would love to have someone who is where I am in the scheme of things. I worry a bit that some people might just think I'm a skinny girl that just thinks she's fat (although nobody has said that.) I just don't want anyone to think that I don't know what it's like, because I do.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Your weight loss story is a lot like mine! I'm new here to and I only had 10lbs to lose. However, I used to be 50lbs overweight and a size 10. I decided to get my stuff in gear and lose the weight (which was mind you one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life) and got in the best shape of my life. I was a gym finatic and loved the way I looked. Then I got a job about 3 1/2yrs ago that made going to the gym literally impossible. I kept the weight off all this time until I started a new job 2 months ago. Here I started drinking 2-3 cups daily of as my husband says "a splash of coffee with my cream and sugar." LOL AND 2-4 cans of soda:-O I know, I know, I just was looking for a little pep in my step and went way over board. Like gaining 10lbs in 2 months over board! Now that I have to walk around the office with all of my pants unbottoned, I determined it was probably time to smarten up or I was going to be 50lbs overweight and a size 10 again in no time flat!! Ha So here I am. I'm excited to get back to it though...I want to look like I did before I had to quit the gym. I was so happy! So that's my goal. So you and I are somewhat similar:-) Welcome and good luck! Let me know if you want to be friends on this site, I would love to have someone who is where I am in the scheme of things. I worry a bit that some people might just think I'm a skinny girl that just thinks she's fat (although nobody has said that.) I just don't want anyone to think that I don't know what it's like, because I do.

Yes, we are in a very similar spot! I also feel like a skinny girl complaining she's fat. I know in my head I'm not fat (fat for me was pushing 170lbs and in a size 12/14....ugh!) at 125lbs and still fitting in my size 4 jeans. But I also know I was much, much more happy with my body (and my pants fit a lot better) at the 117-118lbs I was this summer. I also put on my weight in about 2 months....we moved in August. I left behind a group of ladies I used to run with, we did marathons together and I'm really missing their friendship and finding it hard to drag myself out for some longer runs knowing I have to do them alone! I'm going to join a gym as soon as the weather turns nasty and I can't get outside to run/walk/bike anymore and hopefully I'll meet some fellow runners there. It's hard being a work-at-home person in a new state....not a lot of opportunity to meet new people!