Gluten free girl

Options
Hi I am new to this site, I have to eat gluten free, dairy free, wheat, barley and potato free, so this is going to be a huge challenge for me... Any tips??

Replies

• missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Gill,

I'll friend you as well, but I just wanted to say you're not alone! I'm gluten free to start, and as I do more testing, I'll probably have to add more allergies to the list... at least we can commiserate! :)

Emily
  • Gillq35
    Gillq35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emily. I am new to gluten free, I had been in weight watchers and achieved goal back in Feb but the points of Gluten free is really high, also I can't have eggs which I used to love, or any form of milk, wheat, barley or potatoes......this is a huge challenge for me. :( on the upside, I can still have wine!!!!! :D
  • healthyfitglutenfreebug
    Options
    Hi,

Im gluten free too:( because of Celiac Disease. It sucks *kitten* most of the time:explode:

BUT

There are some pretty good foods out there and there always seems to be new products all time.

I was constantly sick and couldn't function properly with two kids under 5 it was beyond a joke.

After being DX over two years ago, it took me until the begining of this year to get my head around it.
    Ive been gluten free since Feb now and I am no longer sick every day.

I love working out and feeling healthy and feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

my advice would be research everything, read blogs, read lables, take notice of what you have eaten when you get sick but above all what works for someone may not be your cup of tea.

Good Luck with it :flowerforyou:
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm new too...and while I'm not gluten free, I have a two year old with celiac's, so I feel your pain! There are a lot of great options out there, and if nothing else, fruits and veggies are always safe! After seeing what my son went through, I know you'll feel better getting it out of your system and living life gluten free. Welcome!
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new to this as well as new to the gluten free and lactose free lifestyle as well.

I'm still in the trial and error phase but I can say that my health feels best when I eat fresh, no processed foods. But I guess you already know that!

I think by logging our food intake and noting how it makes us feel it will help to take control?
  • sunyatasong
    sunyatasong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also gluten free, dairy free, and trying to avoid refined sugar! What a combo :)
    However I know from the past few months that whenever I do stray and those foods creep back in, my body reacts pretty quickly and the aches and pains and feeling run down all surface....

looking forward to keeping each other inspired on this path!
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    I"m gluten free too and it's not so bad most of the time
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I find that if I focus on what I CAN HAVE I am much more successful in my GF diet. You will fee WAY BETTER once you get all that stuff out of your diet and out of your system.

I don't have much of a problem anymore as I eat more clean than anything. In other words I eat the perimeter of the grocery store. You will find many of the GF items are also dairy free.

Good luck and message me if you have specific questions.