French fries question...

Options
Hellooo! :smile: I got some sweet potato fries from Fresh and Easy yesterday :bigsmile: , but didn't think to look at the serving size. I want to make some today, but it says that one serving is 3oz.... :noway: I don't have a food scale, so I really don't know how much I'm supposed to eat... anyone have an estimate of how many fries are 3oz? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ashleycat23
    Options
    The brand of SP fries i get says 3 oz is about 30 pieces.
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Depending on the size I read somewhere that 10 french fries was 1 ounce. Not positive though.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    invest in a food scale...best tool I purchased during this journey
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    3 oz. is 22 pieces of Ore Ida SP fries we have. Fries come in lots of different sizes, though, so I second the scale investment if you really want to track closely.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I agree....It's the best tool I have purchased too when I started my weight loss plan....It's such a convenience to have!! :smile:
    invest in a food scale...best tool I purchased during this journey
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    A small french fry at McDonalds is supposed to weigh 2.5 ounces. So if they are similar in size to those, I would eyeball.
    I have the Biggest Loser food scale and LOVE IT! Wasn't expensive either :happy:
  • Tigerlily47
    Options
    See how many ounces are in the whole package and then divide that by 3. That is how I figure out most of my servings if it is not specific. A scale can be good but I don't think you have to buy one to figure it out. Good luck and enjoy those fries!:happy: