Always hungry!

Options
I'm looking for suggestions for filling foods. I'm finding that I'm always hungry. I do eat 5-6 times a day but its the 2:30-5 and 7-9 pm hours that are killing me that is when I give in with sweets and temptations. Dinner is usually between 5:30 and 6 but I'm still then hungry around 7 or 8 again.

I already incorporate wheat bread with low fat peanut butter but looking for some other ideas that are low in calories and filling.

Thanks!

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    if im sweet hungry i get quaker chocolate mini rice cakes and dunk them in plain greek yogurt with splenda and vanilla extract. The dip also works with fruit :) ive got chobani yogurt now and 1 cup is a serving, which i hardly finish.
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try something with protein, it will keep you fuller longer!
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Eventually it is just mind over matter. Make sure your main meals are high in protein (not just a bunch of pointless carbs) so avoid processed foods. It may take a little more time to make your meals but its totally worth it. (No instant stuff!)
    As for snacking I suggest string cheese (80cals), apple (80cals), two eggs (hardboiled, scrambled, whatever, 140cals), yogurt (80 cals), yogurt+oats (about 200 cals)
    Whatever you do try not to eat stuff like cereal or toast as a snack. Carbs only give you a temp energy boost, thus you will not get filled up.

Oh, I also hear a lot of people make big pasta salads or other types of foods that they munch on throughout the day and split when they eat it between meals instead of eating snacks.