Twix and Snickers!!

Options
Just FYI for you chocolate lovers...

I don't know if i missed the memo...but i was at walgreens today and saw that twix and snickers now have 100 calorie pack candy bars!! I bought the Twix...and it was amazing!

perfect chocolate fix :smile:

Replies

• Christy421
    Options

I don't know if i missed the memo...but i was at walgreens today and saw that twix and snickers now have 100 calorie pack candy bars!! I bought the Twix...and it was amazing!

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    still really bad. Not many good calories in either one.

I was talking with my wife today and complained about how hard it is for me to get to my 2700 calories (I'm at maintanence now), I know I know...boo hoo. but she reminded me today, (I hate it when she's right), not to fill the gap with junk. She was right, even though it took me like 10 minutes to resign myself to it. I would love to fill in the 3 or 4 hundred left over calories every day with cookies, and simple carbs, and refined sugar...etc but we have to stay strong. Have it as a treat. But don't use em to fill out your calories, fat is sneaky, it will slide in even if you eat the right amount if you eat the kinds of food that can cause it.
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I would end up eating every bag on the shelf. I have no control. So I just have to say no. I hate it..but it's true.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I would end up eating every bag on the shelf. I have no control. So I just have to say no. I hate it..but it's true.

That's me. Can't just have one. :laugh:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Ok so it is sugar and fat not very good for you blah blah blah

Chocolate makes you feel better it has been proven (it causes the release of endorphins) and as long as you don't over indulge everyday a little snippet every know and then is fine I ask would you give up chocolate and all that sugar 4eva no is the answer a little every now and again is what stops those splurges and binges caused by when you just feel plain deprived and that has got to be worse in the long run if a little choc keeps you happy go for it.

I would be miserable if I was told I could never have choc etc again no amount of rice cakes or fruit and veg would ever or other low fat snacks would be able to replace it.

The best diet is not to diet moderation and exercise is the key oh and never binge overloading on sugars when you deprive yourself daily will only cause havoc on your liver huge increase in sugar floating round your body is sooo not good.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Yes, and I love the Three Musketeers 100 cal bars. Yummy. For me...moderation is key. I am more willing to take a smaller portion than no portion at all. Enjoy!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Ok so it is sugar and fat not very good for you blah blah blah

Chocolate makes you feel better it has been proven (it causes the release of endorphins) and as long as you don't over indulge everyday a little snippet every know and then is fine I ask would you give up chocolate and all that sugar 4eva no is the answer a little every now and again is what stops those splurges and binges caused by when you just feel plain deprived and that has got to be worse in the long run if a little choc keeps you happy go for it.

I would be miserable if I was told I could never have choc etc again no amount of rice cakes or fruit and veg would ever or other low fat snacks would be able to replace it.

The best diet is not to diet moderation and exercise is the key oh and never binge overloading on sugars when you deprive yourself daily will only cause havoc on your liver huge increase in sugar floating round your body is sooo not good.

Not really sure if this was aimed at my post vicky. Either way, I agree with not denying yourself something that gives you so much pleasure, on the other hand, we are on here for a reason, and that reason, for most of us I would think, is because we have eaten badly for our whole lives.
    While eating anything in moderation is ok (within reason), I submit that eating badly is as bad for some as any other addiction, and until or unless you can control it, you need to stay away from it. Personally, I choose to stay away from chocolate regularly, saving it for that special treat every once in a while. Giving in when the urge is overwhelming is ok, as long as that urge isn't daily. If it is, well, then I guess other options might be needed.

As a side note, someone brought in girlscout cookies today, Samoa's of course! I promptly pointed at them (from a safe distance) and proclaimed them Devil food! I strongly proclaimed the need to remove them from my site before I start throwing them at people.:bigsmile:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    not aimed at anyone I just know from previous experience that completely abstaining from something can only be a bad thing especially something you like and eventually it bites you in the *kitten* with a whopping over indulgence. For me choc is the killer but a little every now and again is nothing to feel bad about and a new healthy you is easy too maintain if these things are allowed in your diet.

I have done these diets where you can bank points and sins etc save them for the weekend resulting in eating say 6 large choc bars (i am just using choc as an example) this is so bad for you not only is a strain on your body because all of a sudden there is loads of sugar to deal with so your liver has to compensate but it is not a good healthy way too eat all I was trying to say little every now and then is better for you than bingeing once a week or month.

For those who have little willpower buy items single not multipacks that way you can't eat the whole bag. I do however have a lot of willpower as there is a lot of treats in my house I wouldn't dream of taking them from my kids I am trying to make sure they don't grow up with the same issues I have plus my kids are so active they need the fat in the treats my nearly 3 yr daughter walks with me daily for 1 1/2 hours up and down hills and she never complains.

You should not feel deprived in any "diet" that is the key to success.