I am losing my clothes

Options
No, I am not stark naked!

Yesterday, i was looking in my closet,, decided to try a blouse that I have't worn for a while,, the last time I tried it, it was still tight.. So anyway,, it fits nicely.

Today, I picked another blouse,, without thinking, i noticed it right away,, OMG,, it's so way too big!

I looked at the tag of the blouse I worn yesterday,, it said size 20. I thought,, nice,, havent worn that in couple years or so. Then I looked at another blouse, the one I tried this morning,, 3X,,,,,,,,, I thought,, WHOOO HOOOO NO MORE 3X FOR ME!!!

PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• shagybear33
    Options
    WTG!!

That's awesome!!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's very exciting! I am getting into things I have not worn in ages and also finding things to be waaay to big now. It's a wonderfully, happy problem to have! :happy:
  • Camarasaurus145
    Options
    YAY! That is such an awesome feeling, keep up the good work!!
  • ltaylore
    ltaylore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! It's so much fun to "go shopping" in your own closet and find stuff you haven't been able to wear in a while. It's the best feeling!!!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a size 1x to 2x for shirts too. I'm surprised that most of my tops are too big now, and a lot of my pants and shorts. Congrats!
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! Great job :bigsmile:
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It is great - only thing is I find my suit trousers and skirts are all too big but jackets still fit fairly well, so I have a lot of suit halves!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i told myself i wouldnt buy new clothes until i was at goal; but my size 28's were sooo huge. i wore them for quite awhile (6months), just with belts and such, but i really started to look terrible. so i broke down and bought some size 18 stuff 2months ago or so and found some people who had lost weight and gave me clothes that fit, and now there getting baggy. i like my body better now and want to show it off a little more, but now with these size 18's being baggy i look bigger than i am because of loose clothes, idk what to do because im now unemplyed and cant get any more clothes. going down sizes is great, but horrible at the same time.

i hope your not like me and can afford some smaller sizes. ive been big my whole life and i havent been this weight since i was 15 and this size since i was 13-ish, so i ccant just pull old things out of my closet :-(
  • himiller3
    Options
    Grats! I remember watching my wardrobe shrink, metaphorically and physically (giving away clothes)... It was a great feeling. I saved 1 pair of pants from my heaviest, they serve as a reminder.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't it thrilling!?

I've lost over 2/3 of my closet and I love knowing that it's because I shrunk out of all those clothes. It can make it hard to find clothes to wear for different events, especially if they are all within a day or two of each other. I was able to pass on all my old clothes to two different girlfriends. One got all my starting weight clothes and one is getting the stuff I'm shrinking out of now, they are both thrilled to get new wardrobes out of the deal.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i told myself i wouldnt buy new clothes until i was at goal; but my size 28's were sooo huge. i wore them for quite awhile (6months), just with belts and such, but i really started to look terrible. so i broke down and bought some size 18 stuff 2months ago or so and found some people who had lost weight and gave me clothes that fit, and now there getting baggy. i like my body better now and want to show it off a little more, but now with these size 18's being baggy i look bigger than i am because of loose clothes, idk what to do because im now unemplyed and cant get any more clothes. going down sizes is great, but horrible at the same time.

i hope your not like me and can afford some smaller sizes. ive been big my whole life and i havent been this weight since i was 15 and this size since i was 13-ish, so i ccant just pull old things out of my closet :-(

I told myself the same thing. But now a lot of my clothes look so baggy on me, it makes me look and feel fatter than I am! I've been really big since middle school also so there are few items I can try because most of those old clothes have been thrown out years ago.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Today is casual dress day at work and I am wearing, for the first time at work, a size 14 jacket. My female boss noticed and commented that she and I would be sharing clothes soon. Made me feel so good!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I've donated all of what I refer to as my "really fat" and "just fat" clothes to a local church that provides for the needy. With winter coming up it felt good to donate my old coats to a good cause rather than just pitch them or give them to someplace that would resell them.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I found a pair of pants I haven't worn in years in my closet. They fit. I then realized that they were no longer a style I would wear.

Last Saturday I bought Halloween t-shirts for everyone on my bowling team. In the past I would have gone for an XL or even and XXL. I bought an L. It was actually just fine, and even comfortable. I thought they ran large, but they didn't fit anyone else like they were off...

Apparently I can skip the baggy clothes now.

Gratz everyone on your clothing losses!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!