8 cups of water daly? Are they kidding?

Options
Way too much water for me. Makes me never want to look at water agan. Is it supposed to suppress hunger? To me it just makes me feel sick. What do you think?

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yup, they aren't kidding. Water is good for you.
    If 8 cups is overwhelming, try to just add one glass of water a day, then two, then three and work yourself up to 8.
    Also, squeeze lemon or lime juice into it.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 12 cups or more. as someone who dreaded drinking more than a cup of water (if that much) in March/April, I can tell you that you can acquire a taste for it (as some things I've read suggest that you will).

just keep chugging away. water is the best thing you can put in your body for several reasons.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    i am drinking over 100oz a day. it is sooo good for you!! it flushes out your system and leaves you cleaner!!
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it does that to me too. Specially if the day before I drank a lot more then the recommended 8.

So what I do is I change it up. Add different flavors to my water. Sometimes I drink crystal light....some times I just add lemon juice to my water. It helps a lot.

If I want something more soda like I drink carbonated flavored water.
  • elmsallmissile
    Options
    Just drink if you are thirsty, it doesn't have to be water either!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    not are THEY kidding....are YOU kidding me?

I try for 3-4 litres a day.

guzzle up....
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    drink away!! water is fab.. the more you drink, the more you'll learn to love it...
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You do get used to it after a while. I'm not a big water drinker at all, prefer Coke, lol.
    But I try to drink a bottle (750ml) before lunch, just sip away at it at my desk, one after lunch and one between home time and bed.
    :drinker:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I drink a gallon or more daily. And it's supposed to keep you hydrated :) (or at least that's what i've been told about water)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I always give people who are struggling to drink water this link

http://www.urinecolors.com/dehydration.php

If you are drinking less than 8 glasses of water and your pee is showing you are hydrated there is no reason to drink more just because a random site tells you too.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Not kidding at all. I try to get in at least 16 per day myself.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I usually drink about 16 cups a day.. not including any tea. It does help suppress hunger, but it also helps keep your body running smoothly. There's so many parts of our bodies that are mostly water. I agree you should start slow. Drink a little at a time until you're up to 8 a day
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    it's ACTUALLY like 90 fluid ounces to hydrate your body, this does not have to come solely from water. However, they say if you are trying to lose weight than water is the best way to go,
  • MaterMama
    Options
    For me. The more water I drink the thirstier I am which makes me drink more. (I do tend to forget to log my water in take).

I do have to watch when I drink though. If I don't it never fails that I end up needing to pee several times during a workout.
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    its because your body is made up of mostley water
  • delta90017
    Options
    Wow. I guess I'm in the minority. Glug glug all day long :)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It took me a bit to get used to, but now I almost exclusively drink water. I average at least 10 cups per day and can feel a marked difference when I don't get my full 8 for even 2 days in a row.

If you have trouble drinking plain water, try adding some lemon or cucumber or even the Crystal Light flavor powders. The 8 cups does not have to be plain water, but if you add anything that adds significant calories, you should track it in your food diary to account for those calories.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have a 64oz water bottle that sits on my desk at work, I fill it 3x a day most days. I find myself working and just reaching for the bottle and drinking...I must be imagining it as a bottle of whiskey of something.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've got a plastic beaker which holds about 2 cups and I'll usually get through 5 or 6 in a day, where I'm working from home I think I'm lot more conscious of it and I can get more when I want - when I was working in an office I'd struggle to get through 3 or 4.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    you can build to this. I used to only be able to do a few and then I got a cute 16 oz cup that I liked with a straw and started sipping away. you can do it!