Low Sugar or High Fiber Snack Ideas Please!

Options
GinNouveau
GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
I am going healthy snack shopping tonight. I try to keep healthy snacks at work and would like some ideas of snacks I may not have thought of before.

I am not on a low carb diet, but I have recently started trying to cut down on my refined sugar and eat more whole-grain versions of breads, pastas, etc. I would like to know if anyone has some ideas for simple low sugar snacks (they dont have to be sweet tasting) and preferably under 150 calories. Some of the things I eat now are string cheese, mini triscuits, sugar free flavored oatmeal, sun dried tomatoes, hummus, pistachios, turkey roll ups (deli turkey). I know raw vegetables and fruit would work, but I also need to keep things at work that will store for a couple weeks or more (including refridgerated or frozen)

Thank you in advance for your comments!

Replies

• kj55
    kj55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find popcorn is filling and low in cals
  • TammiAcker
    TammiAcker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Orville Redenbaucher's 50% less fat natural simply salted popcorn! Love it!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fruit, fruit, maybe some fruit oh and some fruit and occasionally raw veg! As to storage - bring them in daily and eat them!
  • SusanWinters
    Options
    these are the things I keep at work:

100 calorie popcorn is my go to snack...also nutri-grain bars, almonds, sunflower seeds, olives, pickles, and my fav. chocolate mini wheats (I eat them without milk for a snack at work)
  • alliefairy
    alliefairy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    White House makes Natural Plus applesauce that's just applesauce and concentrated applejuice, and it's lower in sugar than the Giant-brand cinnamon applesauce I used to get. I also love Kashi's granola bars (particularly the crunchy ones) which I find very filling.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Kashi has a lot of good snacky stuff. I like the TLC crackers (original 7 grain) and the pita crackers. Lower in sodium than other crackers too.
  • lisa91263
    Options
    i love skinny cow cheese they come in different flavors and are only 35 calories I have one on a miltons craft bakers multigrain cracker it's a big cracker also 35 calories so the whole thing is only 70 calories, you could even have 2 crackers with the one cheese for 105 calories. I also spread 1 tbls of hummus on one of these crackers for a 75 calorie snack. 100 calories worth of almonds are also good.
  • GinNouveau
    Options
    Fruit, fruit, maybe some fruit oh and some fruit and occasionally raw veg! As to storage - bring them in daily and eat them!

Thank you for the suggestion. I am going to incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies, but I meant snacks in addition to these. What are some of the things you may eat with them, or do you just eat them alone? I like a lot of variety and get burned out quickly on the same thing over and over.
  • GinNouveau
    Options
    i love skinny cow cheese they come in different flavors and are only 35 calories I have one on a miltons craft bakers multigrain cracker it's a big cracker also 35 calories so the whole thing is only 70 calories, you could even have 2 crackers with the one cheese for 105 calories. I also spread 1 tbls of hummus on one of these crackers for a 75 calorie snack. 100 calories worth of almonds are also good.

I forgot all about those cheeses! thanks! I liked to eat them on apple slices. Those are definitely going on my list
  • GinNouveau
    Options
    these are the things I keep at work:

100 calorie popcorn is my go to snack...also nutri-grain bars, almonds, sunflower seeds, olives, pickles, and my fav. chocolate mini wheats (I eat them without milk for a snack at work)

Love olives. I dont trust myself with sunflower seeds and almonds, I always end up eating too many
  • saritag79
    Options
    Try Quaker Rice cakes. Different flavors caramel, white cheddar, lightly salted, apple cinnamon. These go great with peanut butter (crunchy or creamy), my favorite!!! I noticed a lot of fruit is mentioned... Try apples half and cored with peanut butter . A good filler. I'll check back later if I can think of some others.
  • GinNouveau
    Options
    I like popcorn but I like mine slightly burned (I know thats gross, but I can't help it) and the smell is too strong. I may check out some of the kashi brand snacks. The ones I've had have been kind of bland (ok, now I'm just being picky) but I may find one I like.