Mio you saved my life!

Options
This little miracle sweetener has saved me. Drinking water is no longer hard for me. The peach tea reminds me of the taste you get when you dive into the deep end at the pool LoL! The strawberry watermelon is probably my favorite. Has anyone else discovered this miracle drink??? You can purchase at walmart or albertsons.
If drinking water was once a problem look no further. Your heaven sent is here C:
I try and limit myself to only a gallon a day now so i dont make myself sick from water intake lol.

Replies

• sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    WHAT EXACTLY IS MIO???
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    even though it has artificial ingredients I still use it a lot! Its cheap too. I also buy plain non fat Greek yogurt and add this to it. save on carbs and the plain has more protein.
  • AshleyWebster
    Options
    Mio is a liquid water enhancer. You put a little or a lot and its flavors your drink 0 everything, 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. The best part?? It doesn't taste like splenda!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have the sweet tea one. One time I squirted a little too much into my water and it was way sweet... I just poured half of it into a second cup and filled the two cups the rest of the way with water! Good stuff. I'd like to try the other flavors but I haven't gotten around to it. I hear the strawberry watermelon one is to die for!!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not to bring anyone down, but I saw the MIO in the title and remembered this post...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/232264-mio-water-enhancer-warning
  • iowaiceman
    Options
    I like the fruit punch and the sweet tea
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can't use it. Too much sucrolose is bad for my digestive system.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Love it!! The idea of adding to plain greek yogurt sounds delish too!! =]
  • iowaiceman
    Options
    I also use the 5 calorie crystal lite
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Not to bring anyone down, but I saw the MIO in the title and remembered this post...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/232264-mio-water-enhancer-warning

Yeah tons of info on the dangers of it. But, again, there are warnings on everything. I have never personally tried it.
  • iowaiceman
    Options
    "Propylene glycol is a common additive found in many products, such as frostings, candies, baked goods, and frozen desserts. It is considered by the FDA to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in foods. Propylene glycol is a component of the flavor in MiO Liquid Water Enhancer and helps to distribute the flavor evenly throughout the product."
  • AshleyWebster
    Options
    Boooo....I doubt the FDA would let that go through if its really that bad for you. Lol....I will continue drinking it even if it kills me. Haha "cancer in a bottle" lmao.
  • brie13
    Options
    I absolutely love Mio. I put it in plain Greek yogurt. People think I'm weird when I'm scarfing down pink fluff every day, but it's delicious. :laugh:
  • shantillylace81
    Options
    Holly crap you drink a gallon of water a day? I heard the daily intake a body should have is half of your body weight...I drink 60-80 ounces a day. Wow a gallon I need to catch up!
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    One of the posts on that forum topic:

"Propylene glycol, also called 1,2-propanediol or propane-1,2-diol, is an organic compound (a diol or double alcohol) with formula C3H8O2 or HO-CH2-CHOH-CH3. It is a colorless, nearly odorless, clear, viscous liquid with a faintly sweet taste, hygroscopic and miscible with water, acetone, and chloroform.

I don't know a lot about these things, but it is an organic compound - not a chemical.

The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion),[9] and propionaldehyde.[10][11] Serious toxicity generally occurs only at plasma concentrations over 1 g/L, which requires extremely high intake over a relatively short period of time.[12] It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements, which contain at most 1 g/kg of PG

It is also used as a humectant food additive, labeled as E number E1520.

So, I wouldn't panic. Do your own research and decide what you are comfortable with I guess."

I'm going to look for it in the store next time maybe. I drink plain water but sometimes I need flavor.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Holly crap you drink a gallon of water a day? I heard the daily intake a body should have is half of your body weight...I drink 60-80 ounces a day. Wow a gallon I need to catch up!

Or just acknowledge that that person is drinking far more than necessary. It isn't a competition. And don't forget "intake" doesn't mean purely drinking water. You could, in theory, drink no liquid at all and remain perfectly hydrated if you eat a ton of water-dense fruit and veg.
  • AshleyWebster
    Options
    I think its worth it, I even let my daughter drink it instead of soda. I'm good with it I suggest everyone try it before they knock it lol.