HI! I'm new here w/baby weight to lose!

Options
Hi, I just heard about this site and decided to join. I'm a SAHM with a 7yo and 3mo old at home and I'm trying to lose the weight from my last baby, and I know it's easier to lose weight w/friends and support than on my own. I EBF and heard that it can be added to my profile so that I don't affect my milk supply, but can't figure out how to add it. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just had a baby too (2 months ago) trying to lose the baby weight as well. Feel free to add me! :o)
  • Hi Im Ashley and I recently joined the site to do the same thing and I love it. My daughter is 10mo old now and I still breast feed while losing weight. Id like to help but what does EBF mean?
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place! I have found taking things slow and not putting too much pressure on myself has worked. Small changes in lifestyle have resulted in weight loss, and my milk production has been unaffected.

You can add BF in your food diary - just type in breastfeeding, and you will get a bunch of options. It will subtract a certain number of cals from what you've eaten that day, thereby taking it into account. My guy is 8 months and on solids as well, so I only minus 300 cals per day.

Feel free to add me if you'd like some support from a fellow mom!

Good luck!
  • orhstay87
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a 13 month old at home and am still working on losing the weight!
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    EBF = exclusively breastfeed. I have a 7 mo old, I'm BF as well, though she's also on solids now. If you go to your food diary and search for breastfeeding, it should bring up options to add, which then factor in negative calories based on the baby's age, so that your total allowed cals for the day goes up. Yay, add me too, moms unite, baby weight sucks!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose baby weight as well! I have a 5 month old son. Anyways, breastfeeding is under food... just search breastfeeding and there will be a breastfeeding-exclusively option and it will subtract about 400 calories from you food intake total to compensate for calories burned by breastfeeding. HTH!
  • melisae
    melisae Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM too and my son is 6 weeks old. The weight loss is going to be a challenge but I'm definitely up for it and this seems like a great community to be a par t of. Feel free to add me! :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    oh, p.s. you can add me if you want too!
  • jackie2angles
    jackie2angles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined five minutes ago. Have no idea what I'm doing lol. Had a little boy 5 months ago. Have an 11 year old as well. Congrats to all you new mammies out there. Desperate to lose weight and i have alot to lose but i am on steroids as well. Just looking for a bit of support really.
    x
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    Google Dustin Maher Fit Moms For Life...he has great workouts for new moms..heck I'm an old mom and it worked for me!! Good Luck! Add me if you would like.
  • EBF = exclusively breastfeed. I have a 7 mo old, I'm BF as well, though she's also on solids now. If you go to your food diary and search for breastfeeding, it should bring up options to add, which then factor in negative calories based on the baby's age, so that your total allowed cals for the day goes up. Yay, add me too, moms unite, baby weight sucks!

Thanks I had a spacecase moment there... But Yes I EBF for months while using MFP and I added breastfeeding to my exercise log and it automaticly deducted it each day and I had no problem with my milk supply while losing the weight.

Good luck on your journey!
  • newbabynewme
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support! I'd like to add you ladies, as soon as I figure out how to do that lol.

@Bellabubbles-EBF is exclusively breast feed. Thanks for the friend request!
  • kellykms1
    Options
    Hi I'm new to, signed up last week still trying to figure things myself add me
  • newbabynewme
    Options
    Oh! Sorry for the late reply. Just now getting back online. Thanks for all of the info ladies. I'll be setting up the food diary thing soon and would like to add all of you, as soon as I get a minute. So glad there are a lot of new mommies on here! We're in the same boat and I think that will be great support and motivation!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'm losing baby weight too...except my baby is 19 years old :smile:

Welcome!
  • sagnchilders
    sagnchilders Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to officially use this sight to benefit weightloss. Idk why it has taken me so long. I have tried other programs, but I am sincerely hoping this will work for me.
    I, too, need to lose "baby weight" but my kids are 4 and 6....so....I really don't have an excuse I don't guess. I am hoping to find support here and hoping this sight is easy to navigate.
    What does it mean when many posts I have read stated that "you can add" me?
    Looking for some support and am wanting to give you all some too. I need to lose about 35 lbs.
  • sagnchilders
    sagnchilders Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i too am trying to figure it all out
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Yep, if you type in 'breastfeeding' in your food diary as if you're trying to add a snack or something, it gives several options you can choose between which will add more calories to your goal that you can eat to keep up your milk supply. Alternatively you could set your activity level a little bit higher so it will give you extra calories, if you don't want to have to enter in the breastfeeding every single day. Whatever you think will work best for you.

I EBFed for 6 months with both of my kids, then continued part time to over 18 months. My youngest is now 19 months and isn't ready to give it up yet, but it's only once or twice a day and sometimes he skips days. Just depends on how the day goes. :-). I'm still trying to lose 'baby weight' - im 14 pounds under where I was when I got pregnant with baby #2 but have 6 more pounds to go to get back where I was when I got pregnant with baby #1. You can add me if you want. :-)