Lost weight to get pregnant? I need your success story!

Options
I would love to hear your stories, They will definitely be motivation for me! If its too personal feel free to message me.

Thanks!

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    This story is NOT my own... My best friend of 16 years and her husband have been trying to have a baby for years. She has always been a big girl and at her highest weighed in 'close' to 300#. I don't know for sure what weight she started at so it would not be fair for me to attach a number to her in that respect but seeing as I was close to 250# in highschool and we are the same hight I can be pretty sure that I am close. It was not until recently that her doctor got involved in helping her and her husband to have a baby. The first thing that she told her was that if she didn't do something to bring down her bp and cholesterol on her own (losing some weight) then she would be put on meds. The meds that she would need would REQUIRE her to be on birth control pills as well and since the doctor knew that would NOT be something she would take, she told her that she would give her the depo shot instead, cancelling all chances at having a child in order to save her own life. THAT was the kick in the pants that she needed I guess. My friend started dieting on her own terms, goes to zumba a couple times a week and after roughly 3.5 months has LOST OVER FORTY POUNDS!!! There is no baby yet... as there are many other factors going on with each of their healths, but she is definately on her way! I am so proud of her progress! Good luck in your journey... You CAN do this!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I went from 200 to 150 lbs before trying to get pregnant several years ago. I went out and bought a baby onesie and some baby socks as motivation. When I saw them, it reminded me what I was working towards. I'm so glad I lost the weight. Now if only I had continued my good habits through my pregnancy....
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yes. I 100% believe losing weight helped me to get pregnant twice. I have PCOS and was 12st 7lb. I tried Clomid first (2003)and graduated to Menopur injections with trigger shot and then Puregon and back to Menopur(2004) . I was desperate as my age was advancing. I went on a GI diet and dropped to about 10 stone and then got pregnant (Drug assisted Ovulation induction) Jan 2005) and had my son Alex at 39.5 yrs. I got pregnant naturally when he was 11mths but unfortunately miscarried at 7.5 wks. I went back on meds and Ovulation induction again but then discovered that my fsh levels were borderline and my eggs were probably rubbish and was told by my clinic that 99.9% I would never get pregnant again with my own eggs. I did one ivf cycle then but it failed. I was not ready to stop til I went through to the very end of available options so I booked a donor ivf cycle in the Czech Republic for Jan 2009. I had to wait 9 mths. I asked my clinic to check my uterus, etc to see all was well as my periods had gone very scanty after my mc and had never returned to normal and asked if I could do 2 more Ovulation induction cycles while waiting. I looked at the meds prescription for 3 mths and hadn't the heart to try. My hope was gone. I was also dieting again and managed to get down to about 10 st 3lb......O.k, so I was due to get married on 7th November and wanted to look good in my Wedding Dress. I had gone up again to about 12st 3lb before I started. I got pregnant on the first cycle and was a very happy 7.5 wks pregnant bride 3 yrs ago....Lucy was born when I was 43. Very definitely my little last minutemiracle! And I very definitely count the weight loss as a major contributing factor in both cases. I hope that gives some motivation? Best of luck on your journey!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I don't have a story of my own. It seems I am having difficulties not related specifically to weight. But I wanted to let you know about this group/support thread, in case you haven't seen it yet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381748-fit-for-future-families-november-2011
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    I don't have a story of my own. It seems I am having difficulties not related specifically to weight. But I wanted to let you know about this group/support thread, in case you haven't seen it yet: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/381748-fit-for-future-families-november-2011

Thankyou, I am on it! :-)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Thankyou, I am on it! :-)
    Oh cool. I thought I recognized you but I have trouble keeping track. :)
  • PrincessMiriamele
    PrincessMiriamele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if my story is exactly motivational in this context! But I was told I needed to lose weight to get pregnant. I have PCOS, and only one fallopian tube due to an ectopic pregnancy. I conceived naturally though at about 19 stone (286 lbs) and had a healthy pregnancy with my boy and then my girl two years later at the same weight.
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I HAD BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FOR OVER 1 YR AND LOSING 15 POUNDS WAS THE TRICK...I WAS 224 AND GOT DOWN TO 207 THEN GOT PREGO YAY! AND NOW I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are ready for another baby, but I really want to get to a healthy weight before I get pregnant again. I lost 30lbs when I was pregnant the first time, which was great (the REAL HCG diet haha) but I was very close to being high-risk. So another baby is my motivation as well =)
  • azshorty1115
    azshorty1115 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Im hoping that by losing weight it will help me to get pregnant. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was 140ish and had no complications. When I was pregnant with my son my SW was 206..I normally lose weight when Im preggo. I have a heart condition and was having issues. Due to my weight being so high, I had to be on bedrest in the hospital for 2 months. In the hospital I lost 20 lbs, and after my son was born I lost another 10 lbs. After talking to my docs they said that if I was smaller It would it woud be easier to get pregnant and I wouldn't have complications.So I will let you know when I lose more weight and get pregnant!!
  • katwilson2013
    katwilson2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I myself is in the same boat. I have been trying to get pregnant for over four years. I lost about 15 pounds one time and got pregnant. Unfortunately, had a miscarriage. I truly believe if I lose weight I could get pregnant again. I need to lose about 80 pounds to healthy!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's me. I lost 100 pounds then got pregnant. I gave birth May of this year and lost all the baby weight and some. It was a surprise because he was told that there is a good chance he could not have children due to a low sperm count and sperm with misshapen head. My weight loss made me extra fertile and now he got the chance to be a daddy.
  • MustangSallyVA
    MustangSallyVA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also tried for about a year to get pregnant and had no success. I was about 380 at the time and had been on BC for 3 years. It took a LONG time for the BC to get out of my system and for my body to regulate itself. I lost about 30 lbs and got pregnant. My son is 2.5 years old. I also conceived my daughter after about 4 months trying at 350lbs, and she is 6 months old. I'm not sure if it was the weight loss, or the finally getting my system regulated from the birth control that made the difference with my son. It would also be worth mentioning that my husband quit smoking 3 months before I got pregnant with my son.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!