Prep:
15 mins
Cooking:
20 mins
Level:
Easy
Yields:
8 servings, 1 cup each

This vegetarian soup is hearty enough to eat as a meal. Pumpkin blends in with the vegetables, black beans and broth to add extra nutrition and delicious flavor which creates a nourishing dish the entire family will enjoy.
Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
5 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced (slice dark parts and set aside for later)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 fl. oz.) vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste

Directions

HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add white and light green parts of green onions, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in cumin and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add beans, pumpkin, tomatoes and juice, broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook for 10 minutes. Stir in salt and cayenne pepper. Top each serving with dark green onion tops.
Nutritional Information

Serving Size
1/8 servings, 1 cup each of recipe
Calories 140
Calories from Fat 20

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 270mg 11%
Carbohydrates 23g 8%
Dietary Fiber 9g 36%
Sugars 4g
Protein 7g

Vitamin A 150%
Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 4%
Iron 10%

Here is the link to see what it looks like:
http://www.meals.com/imagesrecipes/143806lrg.jpg

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Mmmm sounds good!
  • ginandtonica
    ginandtonica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious! I am going to make tonight, and maybe add some shredded zucchini and carrot, too! Shouldn't add too many calories...
    Thanks for sharing!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish. Thanks for sharing.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    This is right up my alley! Thanks!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,043 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I love this soup. It's so tasty and hearty. I made it a few times last winter. This year I'm going to use pumpkin, butternut and acorn squash together.
  • Desertmermaid
    Desertmermaid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Made a big pot of this for lunch because I know it is A little too out of the box for my meat loving husband so I will take it all week for lunch. It is absolutely delicious and I will make it again and again. A keeper for sure . . I used Rotel tomatoes and chicken broth because that is what I had on hand. Thanks for taking the time to post this delicious recipe :happy:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sfeld1
    Options
    I found this recipe on the Libby Pumpkin website and then made it last Sunday. It was good but on the bland side. I added additional spices and a splash of vinger to brighten it up, but still wasnt overly excited. After I topped with salsa fat free sour cream and reduceded fat cheese it was a decent dinner, but I wouldnt make it again.
  • wanderlust3
    Options
    Sounds delicious, I will have to try this!