New to MFP

Options
Hello everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm marlene and I really want to loose 40 Lbs. before my good-bye party for college. So I guess i just need others motivation to reach my goal, even though I know its unrealistic (i'll probably only loose about 20-25 Lbs.)
SO, i am really excited to start this, and hope I can make many friends on the way!
My biggest weakness is being at home bored with nothing to keep me really occuppied, I start munching on food, even though i try to chew gum or do something else.
But lately chocolates and that kind of stuff feel gross and heavy on me...so i think thats good:wink:

Replies

• Marlene529
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm marlene and I really want to loose 40 Lbs. before my good-bye party for college. So I guess i just need others motivation to reach my goal, even though I know its unrealistic (i'll probably only loose about 20-25 Lbs.)
    SO, i am really excited to start this, and hope I can make many friends on the way!
    My biggest weakness is being at home bored with nothing to keep me really occuppied, I start munching on food, even though i try to chew gum or do something else.
    But lately chocolates and that kind of stuff feel gross and heavy on me...so i think thats good:wink:
  • Shanimal84
    Options
    If you think that your goal is unrealistic then you're bound to never reach it! Don't set yourself up for failure hon. Maybe it's as simple as pushing back your goal date - say 40 pounds by the end of the summer? :heart:

Just stay positive. Think of yourself in more terms than the weight you want to lose. Think about how much healthier you'll feel, how much better your clothes will fit, fill in the blank here.

Stop those self-fulfilling prophecies and stay on track! :drinker:

186124.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Marlene529
    Options
    Oh My Gosh, thank you so much, i guess thats what I needed to hear.
    I know I'm pathetic :laugh:
    But yes, you're right thats exactly what I should do!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: