New Group

Options
Hello,

I'm new to MFP. I'm wondering if I can get with a group or start a new group where we start weighing in each week and help to motivate each other. Anybody interested?

Thanks,
Kim

Replies

• Kym21256
    Kym21256 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new to MFP. I'm wondering if I can get with a group or start a new group where we start weighing in each week and help to motivate each other. Anybody interested?

Thanks,
    Kim
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    there are lots of groups out there you can join. just look for one that interest you and post with them. I am part of the lose eggstra by easter group. we would love to have you.:drinker:
  • kdmiles
    kdmiles Posts: 9
    Options
    I would be interested. I just joined a few days ago. Had bad day yesterday and would certainly like to be a part of a group.
    Any specific goal in mind? I personally would like to lose 10% of my body weight by June 1st. For me, that is 16 lbs. Beach weather is coming and I cannot imagine hiding in the house again this year! My kids are growing up without me because I am too embarrassed to hang out with them looking like I do. I also would like for my husband to look at me the way he did a few years ago.
    Whaddya think?

185302.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Kym21256
    Options
    Hi Kdmiles,

I would also like to lose about 10lbs by June 1st. I would like to be able to wear my jean skirts and feel comfortable with myself. In my long term-goal, my family has a history of diabetes and I need to drop this extra weight. I don't know about you but sometimes I feel if I have someone that I am accountable to, I am more likely to keep myself on track. Let me know what you think and maybe we can help each other lose weight before Summer!
  • jawalsh1
    jawalsh1 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Kym! I'd like to join your group. It looks like we're at about the same starting point and have the same goal weight - and I live in the Chicago burbs too! I'd like to lose 15 pounds by June 1st and keep going after that to get healthier and have more energy. What day were you thinking we'd do our weigh in?
  • HelenaRose
    HelenaRose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kym,
    I'm new to this site too and also back on the band wagon to lose weight. I'm looking to get healthy and look great, too. I have a bunch of weddings coming up this summer. The first in May 30! So, I've set a some goals to for these dates. Losing 15 pounds by June 1 would be great! I'd love to get the support of a group. Let me know how this should work.
    -Helena
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey Kym!

I would join. I need the extra motivation. I am new to this site too. Also, how do you get the different weight loss tickers on your posts? Are they free?
  • Kym21256
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry I feel off the radar this weekend. I was out and about with the holidays. I'm glad to see that people are interested in starting a group and motivating each other. Weight loss is often a difficult road. I was thinking that maybe we can weigh in tomorrow and have everyone right down their weight goal for June. Then every Tuesday we can post our weight for the week. We can use this area to also post ideas or any questions that we have for each other. Lets work on leading healthy lives for ourself and our love ones!

Kim
  • Kym21256
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I did my official weigh in this morning and I'm at 203lbs. I would like to be 193 by June 1st. That would mean that I would have to drop 10lbs in the next month and half. Lets see what happens.
  • sb1712
    sb1712 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Kym! I too would like to loose about 15-20lbs before the summer gets going. I have stopped and started too franciss - do not feel so terrible about it - we can do it together.!! I have started again just this week. Instead of the biscuit (throw them out and buy some carrot sticks) start typing !!

154936.png