Product labels

Options
I want to know if anyone else is like me and portions out food from a bag such as mms, skittles, or chips just to see if the package is accurate? Do you get the same results as the package says? I portion out my skittles because I love them so much, I eat the serving size, but I never get the amount that the bag says, granted I know the bag says about 10, I only get 8, correct me if I am wing but last time I checked 8 is not about 10. Just thought I would ask if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Replies

• degausspdx
    degausspdx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Packages go by weight, not # of pieces. So counting pieces is going to be wrong and prone to be WAY off. Weigh the package contents. If that's off then write the company and cc a local consumer reporter. Companies are known to short change things lately and not advertise the reduction in size but if they are still making a certain package size it must weigh up. Writing them about the discrepancy may get you free product to make up the difference and keep you a happy loyal customer.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I called Wrigley and I *****ed all they did was give me a $5 dollar coupon
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I second the counting vs weighing. When I weigh portions out they almost always match up to what the package says. The "almost" packages you can usually determine if it's more or less by looking at the grams, of the overall weight and the serving size.