Can't stop eating!!

Options
I don't know what is wrong with me this week - I am training 6-7days a week and have been for about a 3 weeks now (3-4 times per week before this) and I am STARVING!! It's 11am and I have already consumed in calories what I would until up until dinner each day!! :frown:
I think I recall experiencing this previously when increasing my exercise but its SOOO difficult to stay on track - I have my bestfriends wedding in just over 3 weeks and have a couple of kilo's to go or need to at least maintain my weight but I just dont know what to do (or eat?) when I feel like this - Any tips?

Thanks!

Replies

• ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have heard brushing your teeth ect is good as it makes your food taste bad. Otherwise maybe snack on things like cucumber?
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    can it be what you are eating.. maybe up your fiber and proteins a bit, that could help curve the hunger and craving. .. Good luck <3
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Depending upon your workouts, your body may be demanding more cals. Are you still losing weight? Remember, what you burn in working out, you should eat back! Some days I'm having to take in 3000 cals to accommodate the extreme activity I do.
  • icecreamistoogood
    Options
    that totally used to happen to me but it was because i would always go for the lowest calorie food, not thinking about the nutrition so when i started eating something that was actually food i wouldn't be able to stop... what helps me is eating a small breakfast, then doing exercise then eating a really big lunch, because then i dont binge at dinner
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Depending upon your workouts, your body may be demanding more cals. Are you still losing weight? Remember, what you burn in working out, you should eat back! Some days I'm having to take in 3000 cals to accommodate the extreme activity I do.
    [/quote
    Same here. If i don't eat my exercise calories back end up binging. Also eat frequently with a good amount of protien.
  • kkwhite
    kkwhite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. If you are working out, especially with weights, you are boosting your metabolism. Even while at rest, you are burning more calories. Don't count on the number on the scale. How are your jeans fitting? How do your arms look? If you don't take in enough calories, your body will go into "starvation mode" and slow that metabolism down. Keep working out but be sure to increase your caloric needs to match your output. Make a custom plan on myfitnesspal - don't count on their numbers. I've had to increase my calories a few times to make sure I fuel myself resting as well as working out.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That is NORMAL...your metabolism is picking up, just watch what you eat. A handful of nuts, chopped veges, banana or one of those 100 calorie packs of something that is not crap w/ a water will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
  • sagnchilders
    sagnchilders Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new to fitness pal but not new to dieting, and I , too, struggle with this. Is it all in my head? I am hypoglycemic so i am always looking for foods that are low cal but will stabalize my blood sugar. I now have atleast 40 lbs to lose...seems like a mountain...
  • mamalangz8
    Options
    This is actually a good thing because it means your metabolism is ramped up. :) (ditto to philOHIO)

I prepare a bunch of yummy veggie type snacks to nosh on, which helps a lot. Cucumbers, peppers, hard boiled eggs, etc. Maybe try eating more protein since you are working out harder.
  • asmithson19
    Options
    Thanks guys - you've all been so helpful! That was my first post but I LOVE the support!!

Thank you to you ALL!! :-)

P.S. Yay to metabolism speeding up! ;-)
  • sagnchilders
    sagnchilders Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    trying figure this out
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    maybe your just bored try to play a game or look up stuff on the net something to get your mind off the hunger

good luck!
    i have the same problem
  • BatedBreath84
    Options
    Also starving, I am feeling you girl! I have been on salads all week, trying to keep the cals down but it is just not enough! The payoff better be significant