Just wondering

Options
nomorewishing
nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
Say you were to text a close friend (about something you thought was important) and the only replies he/she ever sent you was "oh" or "ok". Yet this same friend expects you to have a 300 text conversation about something that they deem important, would you be a little aggravated? Sorry for the mini rant, I'm just wondering if I am being ridiculous by being annoyed. :ohwell:

Replies

• skinnyyemilyy
    Options
    That would plain piss me off. I hate one worded respones, to anything I ever say let alone Important! & for them to expect a long conversation from you is dumb. So frankly I think your friend is ridiclous, not you!
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Is the call feature not working?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    l've given up on texting. "K" is not an answer to "I'll be at Claim Jumper in 40 minutes, where will you be?"

If they can't take the time to talk I don't bother.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe they can't talk at the moment or don't have anything to say? Did your text require a response?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Perhaps they don't appreciate texts.

Some folks, myself included, only like texts for one-off quick blurbs of important info. Consider whether that person is paying per text, or has a limited number per month before paying through the nose.
  • TheLeapist
    Options
    I hate one worded texts. So much, in fact, that if someone asks me a simple yes or no question I will say "Yes I do." instead of just yes. :p

That being said, if it really was important then you probably should just call like someone above more or less stated.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Oh. Ok.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'd be a little annoyed.I have a friend like this as well.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Maybe your friend is feeling the same way. Maybe they don't agree over what is an important subject.

How about as a rule, if it's important, call them to actually talk?
  • nomorewishing
    Options
    Is the call feature not working?
    Call? What is that?? Kidding, I have very limited minutes, so I prefer to only use them if someone is dying or something.
    Maybe they can't talk at the moment or don't have anything to say? Did your text require a response?
    They don't have a job, so I doubt it's that. The last time I texted this person I was asking a question, so yes, I would appreciate a response :tongue:
  • nomorewishing
    Options

Some folks, myself included, only like texts for one-off quick blurbs of important info. Consider whether that person is paying per text, or has a limited number per month before paying through the nose.
    This person never puts down the phone, they are always texting someone.
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Like............dayum, i just blew out that bathroom
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Like............dayum, i just blew out that bathroom
    Poop news qualifies as "important info" in my world.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    They don't have a job, so I doubt it's that. The last time I texted this person I was asking a question, so yes, I would appreciate a response :tongue:
    [/quote]
    OK. Then yes, they are being annoying!
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Maybe they just don't care about what you have to say? I'd stop wasting my texts on them.
  • Bittamee
    Options
    I would be pretty torked.....if they expect you to sit and listen to them, then they should in turn be respectful enough to do the same for you.