consuming 1200 calories a day..

Options
Ok if i consume 1200 calories a day and lose 200 calories a day in exercise is that healthy for the body??

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    According to MFP, you just need to eat those 200 kcals back :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You add the 200 to your 1200 calories. You want to eat back the calories that you burn.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just post about 1000 cal a day? Fuel your body with food and then exercise. Why do you want to starve yourself?
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You need to find what works for YOU. People will jump down your throat to eat back your exercise calories, but I tried both ways, and found that I gained when I ate them back. So I don't eat back my exercise calories. Experiment with it and find what works for YOU!! BTW, I am also on a 1200 calorie limit! :) Good luck with everything :)
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Technically it should be a crash diet. I think for ladies 1200 is the minimum cut-off. I always eat back my calories, but hey, if you aren't hungry why force it? (Im usually hungry! hehe)
  • sweetbrn
    Options
    I don't ever add it back. I try to stay under 1200 and still exercise. Is that wrong?
  • CandiMonique
    CandiMonique Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is only the recommended daily intake, yours may be more or less depending on your energy needs. However if you do not consume more than that and you do burn 200 calories each day it will have a healthy response for your body.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Musicgirl is right. Everyone is going to have an opinion. Mine is the same as hers. As I understand it, your body will typically start to think it's "starving" if you are consuming less than 1200 calories, and then try to canabilize anything it can to keep from starving (I'm talking muscles).

Me personally? I eat back some of my exercise calories so that I have at least 1200 a day, but since I usually burn 300-500 during my workouts, I won't eat back everything (or I try not to! Sometimes I do eat it all back).

Find what works for you! :bigsmile: It's all trial and error.
  • nikkimee
    Options
    Thamkyou everyone.. I think i will go with the suggestion of exploring what works for me.. I will consume 1200 calories and and exercise whilst losing 200 calories.. see if that works for me.. thanks again..:flowerforyou: