05/11 to now!! How running has changed my life lol

Options
I am running my first 15k Saturday. I am so excited!!! I think I've come along way....could barely run 1 mile to now running 9 miles on Saturday. I just want to let everyone know, especially those c25k peeps that you COULD DO IT!!! If you ever feel like this is not for you or just want to quit...push yourself and I promise you will feel awesome and go far! Running is by far my favorite workout...and in my opinion one of the best!!! I've seen results (wish I took pictures)! Check out what I posted in May below....

Mon 05/16/11 12:18 PM
Okay, so I'm doing couch to the 5k and I'm on week 5, workout 3 (20 mins non-stop). I just did half of workout 3 and couldn't finish. I want to know how all you runners do it!! I hate running, I'm trying to get myself to like it and C25k has help. I think I just get bored easily and I can't imagine running for 8 miles. I mean it could be because I was on the treadmill. Did you feel this way once you started running? Here are some of my questions, some may be dumb.

Do you drink water while your running?
What do you do to keep time from going faster? ( I get so bored, and there is only so much music I can listen to)
When did you start running further and farther in your running process?
How do you go from running 2 miles non-stop to 8 miles non-stop?
What do you eat before and after? & how much time before and after your run?
Do you weight train before or after?

Okay, I think that's it. LOL! Thank you!

Replies

• j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    hi! did i write this??? :-) i also hated running, but used the c25k program to build up endurance. now i love it! i just ran my first ever race Sunday... a 10k!

best of luck on your 15k! i'm sure you'll have a blast!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your hard work!!!
    I think you just gave me some motivation! I am still trying to "learn to love running" my sisters all run....a LOT and I am trying to get there! I used to say the only reason to run was if something scary was chasing me! I have been working at it since about August and am still trying to get in a regular routine of running!
  • jvmay1703
    jvmay1703 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This really inspires me. I am on week 4 starting tomorrow. I have always hated running, but I want to like it. I want to be a person like you. These are some of the same questions I have been looking for answers for so if you have any more pointers I would love to hear it!
  • JanaBethSLP
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm hoping to get there one of these days! Good luck Saturday!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!!! You are all too sweet!!! Feel free to add me if you have any questions. I mean, I do have a love/hate relationship with running :laugh: ... but nothing feels better then a nice, long run!!! thanks again!!!! =)
  • kjporter83
    kjporter83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to think there was no way I would ever be able to run, I wanted to because some of my friends do and love it, but had myself convinced there was no way. One day at the park, I was walking had my ipod on and just decided to run what I could, then walk until I felt like I could run again. I LOVED it and I was so proud of myself. I felt so good when I was done, I didn't feel stressed anymore. I'm still working on endurance, but I am really trying hard! Running and working out is definitely helping me to feel less stress during a stressful time for me!
  • ras21
    ras21 Posts: 9
    Options
    Love it! I also did the C25K because I wanted to push it and went through the I don't like running slump. I went back to my walking workout because it was my comfort level and threw in running once a week instead of all running. What a difference it made. I'm going on my 7th 5K and turning 50 this month. Cheers to being healthy : ) Rose
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, perfect timing for me actually. I started with the C25K program on January 1st 2011. This coming Sunday I'm running the New York Marathon. Running is life changing and doesn't suck if you start slow. Anyone can do it! (Inevitably someone will POP in here and tell me they can't because of xyz) but in GENERAL most people CAN run.

So glade to hear your story!
    Keep running, it only gets even better!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Great post and very motivating. Keep up the great work and have fun on your run. Good Luck and can't wait to see an update after the event.
  • danibee41989
    Options
    Congratulations to those who mentioned the races they ran!!! That is awesome!!! Running = addicting. lol
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story!! No matter how much weight i gain/lose or what is going on in my life running has been a life saver for the past 5 years. If people only knew what running could do for them. I honestly believe it is the cure to so many things..obesity, depression, boredom, lack of self-confidence, relationship problems. Seriously I have worked through life's biggest problems while running. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • danibee41989
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story!! No matter how much weight i gain/lose or what is going on in my life running has been a life saver for the past 5 years. If people only knew what running could do for them. I honestly believe it is the cure to so many things..obesity, depression, boredom, lack of self-confidence, relationship problems. Seriously I have worked through life's biggest problems while running. GOOD LUCK!!!

I totally agree!!!!!!!! It really does cure so many things. I could have the most stressful day ever (very dramatic lol) and go for a run ( even when I really don't want to) and I feel so much better!!!!! It's so weird...it's like a high! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!