I want quit

Options
Today I feel like giving up and just eating. I'm so hungry and there's nothing to eat. I can't buy healthy food as I've got no money till payday.

Need some support??

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    No you don't-- not really! That's why you posted here.

Get some brown rice and dried beans-- CHEEEEEEEAP, filling, and will hold you until payday.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have had them days. So I eat what I have and just be careful not to go to nutty with it. If your over your over. It happens once and a wile. Just dont quit.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well my friend you came to the right place to "talk you off the ledge" so to speak. Please don't quit you will only beat yourself up for doing it. As far as eating if you are hungry eat something but in moderation regardless of what it is. This is not a diet this is a change of habits and lifestyle and guess what life happens and there are going to be days when you don't have the best things to eat but you have to eat! Changing habits of over indulging will keep you in check. Remember because you are eating in a calorie range does not mean you have to have a bland and boring lettuce and apples diet. You can do it...hang in there friend.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry eat. I eat over the MFP calories it has given me on hardcore workout days, and I'm still dropping. I starved myself for to long. I'm going to eat if I'm hungry, regardless of what the calories say. I just make sure I don't EAT. An apple and a protein shake usually do the trick. :-)

We shouldn't have to feel bad if we go over. Eat and be happy!

Thanks for sharing.
    SLB
  • BrandieNW
    Options
    Don't give up! I am walking in the same shoes. I don't work though and my fiance works 65+ hours to support our family. There are lots of weeks I feel like throwing in the towel because I feel like we can't afford to buy healthy or we don't have enough til payday. You can do this! It is in your heart to be healthy. Some things I do to help squeeze in healthy during hard times is buy can veggies instead of fresh or frozen (not as healthy but better than nothing),you can get bag beans and make a big pot and freeze it in individual servings, buy a big can of mixed nuts and divide it into 1oz bags, and buy the fruit that is almost bad (so you can get it for cheaper) that you know you will eat in the next day or two. Warm teas or broth can help you feel full also. Whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP! You are amazing for even starting this journey so show yourself just how far you can go! I will be praying for you.
  • Jedibeau
    Options
    If you only have something "unhealthy" then I would suggest eating that so you don't die. Try to pick the least bad food you have and don't over-do it. Then you should sit down and make a plan so it doesn't happen again. :smile:
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. It's just hard to feed my kids an my husband one way and myself another. I run out of my food so quickly but there is always an abundance of theirs :(
  • gnntake123
    Options
    I thank you for being honest, I feel this way alot. but don't quit. as someone else said, it is not really what you eat, but HOW MUCH AND WHEN YOU EAT IT...I will be praying for you and your food situation. It will be worth it in the long run. also, if you use canned veggies I learned to rinse them first. takes all extra salt off of em. and can heat em that way specially green beans.