My First Ever Post

Options
Last year, I topped out at 315 pounds, and developed hypertension that required medication. I was spiraling downward emotionally, while my weight was ballooning up. A co-worker made a very kind, supportive comment to me that really touched my heart and helped me realize that if others could be so kind to me, why was I being so unkind to myself. On my own, I began to change my eating style to eliminate processed foods, sugars, etc. and lost weight down to 279 lbs. Recently, I have become complacent and slacked off somewhat and have immediately regained 8 pounds - without hardly trying. This cannot be permitted. I started something with the intention of treating myself better, caring for myself more, and improving my health.

Recently, I have been noticing the pictures my god-daughter has posted on FB have shown that she is losing weight steadily and becoming externally a beautiful girl to match the inner beauty that has always been part of her spirit. I have been so proud of her and happy for her to have this change in her life after a lifetime of being a chubby little girl and on up to being a hefty young adult - a delightful girl, active and athletic, but judging from how I feel about myself, I suspect she was not happy with herself anymore than I am. Tonight she posted that MyFitnessPal has been the game changer for her!!

I looked MFP up online, liked what I read and today I have joined. I have set my goal, established my statistics, and miraculously come in 37 calories under my unknown (until after all the eating of the day was done) goal for the day, which is encouraging.

So, I downloaded the mobile app on my phone, favorited this site on my toolbar and invited my sisters to join as well - we shall see what we shall see - but I want and need to improve my life and live better, longer, and hopefully with more energy and stamina. By the grace of God, may this be a helpful piece of the solution.

Replies

• ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey to good health!
  • myth4ever
    Options
    You are going to do great. Just be ready for being in a happier place, have fun with it!
  • hahahilarious
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you're here for all of the right reasons. Good luck!
  • scarrier715
    scarrier715 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the encouragement!! I appreciate your support.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Glad you found MFP. It's a great tool with a lot of wonderful people here :)
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Theres's lots of inspiring success stories on here. you will be one of them! Good luck to you :)