17 day diet

Options
I think Im going to try it. Im working out 6- 8 hours a week, weight traing and aerobics, pilates, spin, zumba, walkign and even some running. I have 10 - 15 to lose to get to goal and i know my food choices have to be whats not working here. Im just not losing, even staying at or very close to calorie goals..
What is ya'lls exp with the 17 day diet? Did it really "reset" your metabolism? Any helpful hints? Ideas? Thoughts?
Thanks!

Replies

• lmiller857
    lmiller857 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of success with the 17 day diet. I feel that it did change my metabolism and it also helped me re-evaluate the way I eat. Since I started the 17 day diet I have lost 30 lbs before I tried it I struggled with many different plans and was only able to to lose 15 lbs and then plateau. Give it a try and see .
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet? I am curious... :love:
  • jalford0226
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet??
  • keddabee
    Options
    Can someone explain the 17 day diet to me?
  • minabella
    minabella Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet?
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Does it include eating a bit more? Because I think this is what you need to do.
  • titlich
    Options
    What is the 17day diet ??? Anyone please ...
  • mimirose55
    Options
    I'd like to know what this 17 day diet is also. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    Here are the four cycles of The 17 Day Diet:

* Cycle 1: Accelerate. Encourages rapid weight loss, cleansing and fat burning. Discourages fat storage.
    * Cycle 2: Activate. Resets the metabolism.
    * Cycle 3: Achieve. Develop good eating habits, re-teach yourself how to eat carbs.
    * Cycle 4: Arrive. A combination of the first three Cycles. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods.
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Its got 3 cycles , each for 17 days , the first 17 days is no wheat or starchs .the second is zig zaging carbs on day none the next. The third incorporates more foods and than you do the whole thing again if you'v got more weight to loose . IV tried it and thought its pretty good.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    PRO

* Cycling what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat has shown promise in helping to accelerate weight loss
    * Features a very clear and organized eating plan
    * Promotes eating clean and healthy foods
    * Book is sold nationwide by booksellers online and in stores
    * Spanish version of the book has been released
    * 17 Day Diet Workbook also available
    * 17 Day Diet Cookbook to be released in April 2012

CON

* May just result in short-lived weight loss success
    * Cycled eating has the potential to result in irregular eating patterns

17 DAY DIET USER REVIEWS

This is the greatest diet there has been and it does WORK if you eat what he tells you to eat and don't cheat. Healthwise, it makes you feel so much better and it is because of what you are putting in your mouth. - Carol 8/15/11

This diet is nutritionally sound and includes eating mostly whole foods, lean protein and probiotics. I feel great and lost 7 pounds in the first week! - Lori 8/8/11

This is definitely the best diet. It's really not a diet, its a lifestyle. This is the stuff we should be eating anyways. I love it. I feel so much healthier on the inside if that makes sense!! - Colleent2

Leave your own review and rating now.
    DIET and NUTRITION

Dr. Moreno's The 17 Day Diet is a cycled eating plan that alters the amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats you eat every few days. Divided across four phases, each is designed to accomplish a different objective: burning fat, resetting the metabolism and teaching you proper portion control and hunger signs.

This clean eating plan avoids sugar, processed foods, fried foods and other heavy dishes, but it does teach your body to crave and nourish itself through healthy eats like turkey and asparagus spears and other cleansing vegetables.

Dr. Moreno also shares tips to avoid holiday weight gain: He encourages you to pre-diet, which means to eat a healthy dinner before you attend holiday parties or other festive occasions that are food-focused. And when you're at the party, choose only two to three of the healthiest appetizers. You're also encouraged to stay away from the buffet table and say no to festive desserts and candy.

Some of the meal plans look like this:

Cycle 1:

* scrambled egg whites with grapefruit and green tea
    * large green salad with tuna and balsamic vinegar and olive oil, with green tea
    * grilled chicken with steamed or raw vegetables, with green tea

Cycle 2:

Dr. Mike's Power Cookie, fresh peach, and green tea

chicken salad, brown rice, sugar-free fruit-flavored yogurt

grilled salmon with steamed vegetables

Cycle 3:

* whole wheat toast, hard-boiled egg, grapefruit, green tea
    * grilled chicken caesar salad, whole wheat toast, fresh fruit, green tea
    * roasted pork tenderloin, mixed salad, green tea

Cycle 4:

* scrambled eggs, grapefruit, green tea
    * grilled salmon on lettuce bed, green tea
    * ribeye steak, caesar salad, baked sweet potato, two glasses red wine
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry 4 =)
  • christiemarie823
    Options
    Are there any restrictions or guidelines for what foods to eat, caloric intake, etc?
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I try a lot of things that Dr. Oz talks about ...but I haven't bought this book. I have done a few of his other metabolism boosters. Lots of info in his website which is where I first heard about this. Sounds intersting for sure!
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options
    So, does this diet require you to eat the same thing for 17 day phases x 4? I am on the HCG diet and the food is BORING!! I am doing the 21 day round and ducking out! I, too, will now spend the next 3 weeks resetting my body to accept starches and sugars by not eating them....NOT FUN.... and then spend 3 weeks after that testing different sugars and starches just to make sure they agree with me and me not gain.... but, I started this and I plan to finish it to the end. This diet looks a lot like what I am doing, without the drops. The food is pretty plain, because I really didn't apply myself or take any type of initiative in cooking flavorful foods, but ... all the same, the same foods everyday gets really difficult. Well, it is for me, anyway. But, coming from a pro HCG'ER , I say that if you want to do it... go for it because the final decision comes down to .... YOU . I know what it is like being stuck at 1 # for 2 solid weeks even though I pounded out hour after hour every week on the treadmill. You have to do what you feel is right for your body and for you. Good luck to you! :wink:
  • mrsfit2011
    mrsfit2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been on the 17 day diet now for a bit over the month. I like the way this diet is layed out and can see that it creates lifestyle habits. The best thing I ever did was give up sugar. It wasnt easy, took 3 days of headaches ect. The first phase I feel really starts to detox your body away from all the junk food. As I have just started the 2nd phase I can not offer to much of a thought, but I like how you are slowly adding more to your diet such as rice etc. My husband are following the menus to the letter, with the idea of adjusting the meals as we get used to it. I have done other diets such as weight watchers etc and it doesnt seem to get rid of the main problem for me... my love of sugar. I felt there must be a way to get on a healthy lifestyle without pills, shots or only eatting one type of thing. I am excited to see where this diet takes us and actually feel I will succeed with this one. Good luck and hope this helps.
  • Charrisse
    Options
    Thanks guys. I ordered the book, and Im gonna give it a go.
    My body responds very well to low carb - and this summer I got way off track with beer and bbq's LOL I have upped my work outs by almost double (Zumba, Pilates, Spin, Bootcamp, walking/jogging at about 8-10 hours a week) but I need to reset my eating habits. I gained 8 lbs back this summer being bad and not exercising!
  • jalford0226
    Options
    So, does this diet require you to eat the same thing for 17 day phases x 4? I am on the HCG diet and the food is BORING!! I am doing the 21 day round and ducking out! I, too, will now spend the next 3 weeks resetting my body to accept starches and sugars by not eating them....NOT FUN.... and then spend 3 weeks after that testing different sugars and starches just to make sure they agree with me and me not gain.... but, I started this and I plan to finish it to the end. This diet looks a lot like what I am doing, without the drops. The food is pretty plain, because I really didn't apply myself or take any type of initiative in cooking flavorful foods, but ... all the same, the same foods everyday gets really difficult. Well, it is for me, anyway. But, coming from a pro HCG'ER , I say that if you want to do it... go for it because the final decision comes down to .... YOU . I know what it is like being stuck at 1 # for 2 solid weeks even though I pounded out hour after hour every week on the treadmill. You have to do what you feel is right for your body and for you. Good luck to you! :wink:

I am wondering if u have tried doing the HCG drops while maintiaing a lower carb/calorie diet...i bought the drops and then found out u should follow a 500 cal diet which seemed a little crazy and unhealthy to me...however i have been doing this for almost 2 weeks and am not seeing the drastic weight loss, but am still losing a few lbs (going to weigh in today)
  • jalford0226
    Options
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Options

I am wondering if u have tried doing the HCG drops while maintiaing a lower carb/calorie diet...i bought the drops and then found out u should follow a 500 cal diet which seemed a little crazy and unhealthy to me...however i have been doing this for almost 2 weeks and am not seeing the drastic weight loss, but am still losing a few lbs (going to weigh in today)
    I start my phase 3 on Sunday. Most maintain to reboot their bodies and such, but I plan to go back to just regular dieting and exercising. No sugars and starches for 3 more weeks, and I do plan to follow protocol, but I am just continuing my weight loss opposed to holding my weight at a 2+- for the 3 weeks. As far as the weight loss.... it broke my 2 week stall and I am so very thankful for that!!!! I have lost a little over 10 pounds in less than 20 days and most say that women in general lose about a 1/2 pound a day and some lose more but 1/2 pound has averaged out for me. I learned so much doing the HCG but my husband and I both LOVE to workout and just LOVE how we feel after a workout so that is why I won't be doing the HCG again. Other than that, I LOVED IT!!! Plus, I miss my Zumba in a bad way!! I also wanted to tell you.... I really didn't do more than follow this diet for the last 2 1/2 weeks, but I do know that their are 800 calorie HCG diet protocols out there you can follow with 3 meals and more protein and a small workout daily. If 500 is too little, check out the 800!! I hear others say that they lose just as much on the 800 protocol!! Good luck to you!!