Bacon: Awesome or Super-Awesome?

Options

Replies

• Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Flippin' amazingly, superty duperty, smack-your-momma-or-other-random-family-member-who-annoys-you goodness in cured meat form. I'll take my bacon in either streaky or meaty British versions.
    Totally this!!!! But I hardly cook it because my child hates it......one of my fav foods is Pasta Carbonara.... and I'll beat the hell outta somebody for a simple BLT.....
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    thank you for reminding me i need to make a bacon explosion.
    super amazingly awesome!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    mmmm I love BLT's... had one for dinner early this week.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Like 1/3 of my weight is leftover bacon. Yeah, it's super awesome, and no, I am not eating it any more. I've turned to the dark side and switched to turkey bacon or none at all. :brokenheart:

**Gasps** you poor thing!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love bacon... It is the most amazing food ever!

My fav.food with bacon is Dominos Pizza with Alfredo Sauce, Chicken and Bacon.. Tastes like pure heaven but is oh so bad for you!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bacon with maple syrup is what super-awesome tastes like.

OH YES!! *drool*
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My belief is that the food pyramid should have bacon at the top and bottom and a few random times in between
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    coincidentally, this arrived in the mail yesterday :smile:

386025_10150351304672001_720492000_8757632_225888494_n.jpg
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Only if it's turkey bacon! Tastes much better and there's no nasty, chewy fat to pick off.

Do you know what part of the turkey that bacon comes from? ...Exactly, nobody does.

Pig bacon is better because it's real food, and it's also usually healthier than the imitation turkey stuff.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    coincidentally, this arrived in the mail yesterday :smile:

386025_10150351304672001_720492000_8757632_225888494_n.jpg
    Oooohhh how is it? I've had bacon salt, it's great on popcorn :D
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    2llj9k3.jpg

This should actually be labeled "normal person" and "chef." :laugh:
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Either you love bacon or you're wrong.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    rockerbabyy: haven't tried it yet. Tomorrow is the big day. And yep, bacon salt on veggies FTW!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the anti-Christ of good nutrition. Of course, that's what makes it tasty.
    What? Low calorie, good protein, relatively low fat, what's not to love?
    1 oz of bacon has 151 calories, 3 % Saturated fat and 2% sodium and no nutritional value other than the 2-3 grams of protein and it does have nitrates. If you love salty greasy food so much that you don't mind high cholesterol, hypertension and carcinogens, go for it.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options

1 oz of bacon has 151 calories, 3 % Saturated fat and 2% sodium and no nutritional value other than the 2-3 grams of protein and it does have nitrates. If you love salty greasy food so much that you don't mind high cholesterol, hypertension and carcinogens, go for it.
    way to kill the bacon joy:grumble:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Bacon is the anti-Christ of good nutrition. Of course, that's what makes it tasty.
    What? Low calorie, good protein, relatively low fat, what's not to love?

You should try eggs fried in rendered bacon fat (lard) - YUM!! It might loosen you up a bit ;)
  • rockerbabyy
    Options

theres nitrate free bacon if you care about that, and i buy low sodium. 90 calories for 2 slices and i eat it as often as possible :P if you cook it right, bacon isnt really greasy either.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Meh. Even when I ate meat super fatty meat freaked me out. When I was a kid I would only eat bacon if the fat was completely burned off, extra crispy/black.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    BLT ANYONE?
  • jalford0226
    Options
    bacon is SUPER-AWESOME!!!!!!! Seriously who doesn't love it....bacon makes everything better!!!! yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm