low cal espresso drinks!

Options
I'm sure that many of you avid Starbucks drinkers like me already know this trick..
but to save the calories of a flavored latte and the seasonal drinks like pumpkin spice lattes and peppermint mochas, I just order an americano which is 10 cals and add the flavor (usually 15 cals per pump, so I just get one pump)! Then shake some cinnamon on top or something.
I personally don't really taste much of a difference (but I bet some will argue that they do) so if you're trying to save calories but still want your favorite drinks just try that!

Replies

• jalford0226
    Options
    great idea!! thanks !
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    If I REALLY have to have a starbucks drink (which MIGHT be tomorrow lol), I always get a skinny version, no whip cream. But this is a great idea! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • krakensdaughter
    Options
    That's very similar to what I do as well. I've worked at Starbucks for two years and put on close to 10lbs when I first started working there because I drank so many lattes and frappuccinos. Now, I go for either a hot coffee or an iced coffee. I add the flavoring to that. Then some nonfat milk. Low cal, high caffeine :) If you're in a seasonal mood, this year Starbucks has skinny peppermint mocha which is still really good. Using the skinny mocha and sugar free vanilla in a hot chocolate with nonfat milk and no whipped cream is also a yummy treat.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I drink Starbucks 4 or 5 times a week. My regular drink is a TALL, Skinny Vanilla Latte, skim milk, sugar free Vanilla, no whip and a extra shot of espresso. looking at about 95 cals.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    on bad days I will even throw a extra shot of espresso in the mix.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Or just do what I do and only drink coffee straight up. good jolt, few calories. If I'm going to waste calories on sugary things I have a list of better places to put it. :devil:
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My coffee-stand progression over the past couple years (THEN to NOW)

Grande Vanilla Latte (250+ Cal)
    Grande non-fat vanilla latte (200 Cal)
    Grande non-fat 2 pump vanilla latte (150 cal)
    Double tall non-fat 1 pump vanilla latte (125 cal)
    Double tall non-fat no syrup latte (100 cal)

The milk in lattes is one of the only ways I will drink milk.
    I used to get coffees 3-4 times a week. Now it's down to once a week, as a treat.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I tried Starbuck's skinny mocha, but I don't like the aftertaste of the sugar free chocolate syrup. I'll stick to my usual non-fat, no whip mocha.