Best NSV ever!!!!

Options
So proud of myself!!! During my workout tonight I ran for the first time on the treadmill!! It was only a total of 3 minutes but I did it!! Then I used the elliptical for the first time and I did 5 minutes!! Know it's not much but I am so proud of myself and wanted to share!!

Replies

• hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Baby steps :D
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's not how long but the fact that you did it. Just because you see people all around you doing more than you, don't worry about it. Worry about doing more than you did yesterday. That's all that really counts.

And a year from now, when you realize you can actually run for 20 minutes and do so voluntarily, you'll be thinking "wow, last year at this time, the words I went for a run would never have come out of my mouth!"

Gratz on your NSV!
  • KellyRunyon
    Options
    That's awesome!! Keep at it.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Small victories lead to big ones! Keep it up! Way to go girl!
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful!!! keep it up =D
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Great!! I used the elliptical for 5 minutes before and it was too much for me! I don't care for that machine! I'd like to try running on the treadmill, but I'm scared of falling off! :-/
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    These are wonderful NSV....so happy for you. Keep it up :-)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic feeling that must have been! Congratulations- you must have worked so hard to get to this point. I'm extremely proud of you! Keep up the great work! I look forward to reading more NSV's from you :D
  • grneyedgf
    grneyedgf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is great! We all start at the bottom and work our way up, one minute at a time. Keep up the great work!!! :happy:
  • gabriele_01
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work :-) And if you're really interested in running, I HIGHLY recommend the Couch 2 5K program. It's an interval training program that takes you from couch potato to runner in 9 weeks. At the end of the program you will actually be able to run for 3 miles instead of 3 minutes!!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And must be such a great feeling! Keep up the hood work hun :-)
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't run for 30 seconds. I'm lucky i can walk for 20 minutes
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Great!! I used the elliptical for 5 minutes before and it was too much for me! I don't care for that machine! I'd like to try running on the treadmill, but I'm scared of falling off! :-/
    I felt the same about running but I just held on and it was fine. You don't realize how much room there really is
  • s2481
    s2481 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Isn't it exciting when you make progress like this?! :)
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you too!
  • psoshkin
    psoshkin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't even do 30 seconds!
  • psoshkin
    psoshkin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't even do 30 seconds!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work :-) And if you're really interested in running, I HIGHLY recommend the Couch 2 5K program. It's an interval training program that takes you from couch potato to runner in 9 weeks. At the end of the program you will actually be able to run for 3 miles instead of 3 minutes!!

I'm in week two of C25K and I know exactly how you feel sdwelk11 - when I ran without stopping for a minute I was proud. You should feel so good about your accomplishment and be elated! Congratulations and keep pushing!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!