The Three Levels of 30DS

Options
For those who are familiar/experienced with all the levels......

1) What bits hurt the most for each level (body parts I mean not parts of dvd!)
2) If you use a HRM did you find much difference between the levels in cals burned?
3) Did you suffer any injuries from any levels?
4) Did results vary between levels?

For me, I found level 1 KILLED my quads for day 2-4, level 2 nothing hurt afterwards, and level 3 my back aches and while doing the supermans my er front pubic bone hurts! I don't have a HRM but each level was a different flavour of torture.

I got shin splints from level 2 (did it same time as starting running so hard to say for sure which was the culprit) and in level 3 I am avoiding the rock star jumps and the jump lunges, substituting them with jumping jacks and the alternating lunges with bicep curl from level 2.

Replies

• Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    I found that level 2 really hurt my shoulders and hip.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I got so used to level one that nothing really hurt at all, in fact I was barely working a sweat or feeling worked so I had to bite the bullet and start level 2 today. Killer. In other words, I"ll let you know in the morning how hard it is to get out of bed haha.
  • chickielou
    Options
    I just did level three today (granted it was after a 50min kickboxing dvd too) I actually started it and got distracted and then went back and did it again, so started over again. So did extra

I struggle with so many planking things cos of my wrists, they dont handle the weight on them for long. But the real muscle pain came from sumo squats and one other but now I cant remember.......im sure it will come back to me
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    this isn't likely to be very helpful, but i have found that i haven't even gone back after turning it off midway during Level 2. it was killing me...and i have thought of myself in pretty good shape! Level 1 i almost enjoyed. i was sore at first, but other than that, i didn't find it too challenging. i should take a look at 3 just to see....

for Level 1, i generally burned about 180 cals each time (or so)...
  • chickielou
    Options
    oh and I cannot do the planking with weights and leg raise properly, I have to have the weights next to me and hands on floor, the pain was unbearable in my wrists when I tried doing it holding onto weights in plank position

My 2yr old son thought it was a great idea to jump on my back when I was doing the walking push ups too
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I never got round too level 3 i got too bored with it. =/
    I found level 1 really hurt my knees and it made my thighs cramp up.
    and level 2 hurt my kneck and shoulders a bit..
    Ow yeh and all the jumping really hurt my ankles, even while wearing squishy trainers and thick socks. =/
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    1) What bits hurt the most for each level (body parts I mean not parts of dvd!)
    Lvl 1: 1st circuit was hard on my hamstrings (jumping jacks + rope) + knees
    Lvl2: All those planks move hurt my arms/shoulders!
    Lvl3: don't remember anything special

2) If you use a HRM did you find much difference between the levels in cals burned?
    Didn't use a HRM but found lvl 2 the most challenging

3) Did you suffer any injuries from any levels?
    Nope

4) Did results vary between levels?
    Nope
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in a group doing 30DS at the moment.

I think
    Level 1: was peoples knees that hurt, mine were especially bad!
    Level 2: They seemed to have problems with their backs in this round
    Level 3: This is hard on arms and hands!! I also can't lift the weight in plank, my hands get so bruised.

But generally those are the problems people in my group seem to have with it.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Is it me or does the title of this post sound like The Nine Circles of Hell? :laugh:
  • Skyrocket123
    Skyrocket123 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ha ha Asyouseefit :)

It pretty much IS the 9 circles of hell! At least it feels like it some days!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I only made it to day 5 of level 1. Something threw my back out. I dunno what it was but my back completely locked up, I had horrible spasms and extreme back pain that continued for at least 2 weeks after I quit.

Her warm up is very inadequate for me. If I do decide to try it again I'll do my own warm up of some kind before I even start the DVD, and definitely doing my own extended cool down as well. I think I'll need to be in much better shape cardo-wise before I try it again so I don't, you know, die or anything!
  • CityOnAHill
    CityOnAHill Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Is it me or does the title of this post sound like The Nine Circles of Hell? :laugh:

Makes me wonder why so many people (myself included) do it. I'm taking a break today between level 1 and level 2. And my knee is killing me (I'm certain due to poor form). Doesn't sound like I'm going to get any rest for my knee in level 2 though!

Now I'm scared! :frown: