Are your fingernails growing faster?

Queen_Christine
Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
I have NEVER been able to grow my nails. I have been eating healthier for 11 months now and about a month or two ago my nails started growing! This is very strange to me! Is anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Ok so I never noticed this but then saw your post looked down and realised yes!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    So great! You're finally giving your body the fuel it needs, and it's thanking for for it :D
    I would call this an awesome NSV!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Your hair and skin are probably healthier too!!
  • carolina2768
    carolina2768 Posts: 12 Member
    It is because when you are losing weight and eating healthier, your metabolism speeds up. As a result, your hair and nails tend to grow faster.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Your nails (and hair!) are made of proteins so when you get enough protein, your body will use it to make your hair thick and lustrous and it will make your nails grow and be thick and strong. When I first became a pescatarian I had trouble getting enough protein so my hair and nails suffered... That is not the case any more!!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    yep hair skin and nails all are longer smoother and stronger
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    YES!!! It's almost annoying LOL
    I have to file them weekly!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Most definitely. I used to trim my nails maybe once every three or four months. Now I wait a week or two tops and yes I do need another darn hair cut too. That used to last me 4-6 months. They tell me that eating healthy will save me money in the long run. It all evens out with the payments to borics!!! I think I can handle that hassle:laugh:
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    My nails have always grown fast when I file them only. If I cut them and then file them, or worse yet, just cut them, they take forever to grow.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    My skin glows!! Like overly glows! Eating healthy always help hair, skin, and nails. I wish my nails would grow!....But my skin glows...oh I think its just oily! but I have no clue how to make it not oily. :/
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Nope, still thin and weak as always. Huge bummer!
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Now that you mention it yes they are growing, and they seem much stronger than usual. Cool!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Have you tried a vitamin with biotin?
    Helped my hair a lot and it is great for nails!
    Nope, still thin and weak as always. Huge bummer!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    I take a multi and I do have a hair skin and nails supplement, but the serving is three pills so when I take all that plus fish oil...it makes me want to jump off a cliff! Haha I hate pills. How many of the biotin do you have to take? I saw some at walgreens today but the cheapest bottle was 8$ so I didn't even bother to look. Wally is usually cheaper :smile: