GRANNY WANTS TO BE COURTED

Options
:flowerforyou: I am an overweight granny. Only need to lose 32 pounds (only 32 !!!) to have a chance at being totally happy again. My husband died a few years ago and I lost 20 pounds seemingly overnight. After that year I turned to food for consolation. Three years and thirty added pounds. At this rate if I live to age 80 (not unknow in my family) I will have gained over 200 pounds. That will likely destroy my healthy body and semi-sane mind. I KNOW that I can not expect another man to love me at + 320 pounds. Not on this 5 foot frame.
:smile: Yes, God loves me and wants me to be happy. But I believe he expects me to meet him half way. So I have joined MFP for motivational help and serious encouragement. This is my first day ... have little idea of what to do on this site, but I am here to stay.
:cry: Sorry, I must bend the rules a little because being a Christian is a major part of my life. I am not trying to change anyone's way of thinking. However, I do want to thank God (once in a while) for what he allows me to lose here. If this offends you please do not hesitate to stop reading my posts.
:blushing: I already love you and this site. :wink:

Replies

• rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, we are all in this together. I've been here for about 3 weeks now and love it.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    Welcome!! You are one funny lady :)
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am a Christian and a granny, too. Feel free to befriend me!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Overweight Granny, you sound like my kinda lady! Welcome! This is a great place to lose the weight. Lots of great friends and support here. Friend me if you want! Lisa
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Your story is very similar to that of my mother. God bless you in your quest to be courted. Jesus understands, and smiles on your bending of the rules to help get the support you need. God bless you, Granny. :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I too am a Christian granny, in need of love. Bless you and I hope you find what you need. :flowerforyou:
  • JoyBellz
    JoyBellz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You sound like one cool granny! Welcome! I too am a Christian. Feel free to add me as well. :)
  • CeloTX
    CeloTX Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So it's ok to "bend" the rules because you're Christian? Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.
  • OdinsHarryMom
    Options
    Don't know how to "friend" anyone yet. However, want you to know you are all my friends. Please "friend" me. I need you.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i would be so happy if you were my granny :D
    i would invite you to join my exercise team, we even have sponsors!
    welcome to MFP ♥
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    I wonder how Odin felt growing up with a hairy mom. Hmmm.

Good luck on your soulful journey...somewhere out there is a surfing grandpa just waiting for you :flowerforyou:
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awwww. Your too cute! Best of luck to you on your Journey! I know He helped me out quite a bit... ;)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    So it's ok to "bend" the rules because you're Christian? Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

Oh my goodness, how rude! Christians have been rule benders since their inception. From secret church meetings to avoid being persecuted to talking about their faith on a MFP thread. It does not make her hypocritical, it makes her someone who sticks to her guns!!

Granny, don't pay any attention to this naysayer! I KNOW that is not what you meant!!

Welcome Welcome!! As for your thankfulness, scripture says to do everything for the glory of God...so rock on lady!! Spirituality is an important part of healing the whole self. Whether you depend on a higher being or not, having faith in something is what keeps us going. And LOVE YOU TOO Granny!!
  • CeloTX
    CeloTX Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness, how rude! Christians have been rule benders since their inception. From secret church meetings to avoid being persecuted to talking about their faith on a MFP thread. It does not make her hypocritical, it makes her someone who sticks to her guns!!

Granny, don't pay any attention to this naysayer! I KNOW that is not what you meant!!

Welcome Welcome!! As for your thankfulness, scripture says to do everything for the glory of God...so rock on lady!! Spirituality is an important part of healing the whole self. Whether you depend on a higher being or not, having faith in something is what keeps us going. And LOVE YOU TOO Granny!!

The rules of MFP clearly state no discussion of religion. You can think I'm rude all you want; it's still not allowed. What if the message had been "I am Muslim and I owe it all to Allah"? Would you feel the same way? Something tells me you wouldn't.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqh1nqNLFn1r25scio1_500.jpg
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am an overweight granny. Only need to lose 32 pounds (only 32 !!!) to have a chance at being totally happy again.

That's very sad that you feel you can't be happy unless you lose 32 pounds. That's a lot of pressure.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear posters

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread, as well as offer a preview of some changes that will be debuted soon at MyFitnessPal. These changes are being made with the express purpose of allowing more leeway in terms of what users can freely post on the site.

The forum guidelines include this item:

13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss any of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

In the past, with only a small crew of volunteer moderators to help keep the dialogue on the site positive and supportive, Mike has reluctantly had to create a rule which disallows any posts about these potentially divisive topics. Mike would greatly prefer to allow all of these topics to be discussed on the site, but so far, we haven’t had the resources to moderate such topics in a manageable fashion.  Often the tone of the original thread is harmless, but as the threads proceed, members participating in such topics have been subject to insults or attacks, feelings have gotten hurt, and in more instances than we would like, a moderator wasn’t able to step in quickly enough to prevent this from happening.

To help the situation and with the purpose of really letting conversation on the site blossom, two things are being done: the team is training more moderators, and the site will soon feature a new “Groups” feature.

With Groups, Members will be able to form their own groups and invite other members to join.  Each group would have it’s own forum, and group forums would have much more leeway in the range of topics discussed.  So, for example, you’ll absolutely be able to create a faith-based, or politically leaning support group and discuss the exact range of topics you’d like to discuss.  Groups will be able to host a much more diverse and mature range of conversations, and because groups will be able to moderate themselves, we hope they’ll be much better at protecting some of our more targeted populations from unwanted hassle. We plan to heavily promote the existence of groups to all of our members, fostering strong participation and hopefully giving you exactly the community experience you are looking for on our site.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding. We’re committed to making MyFitnessPal a place where all members can communicate openly in a supportive, and positive environment that helps them to achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator

PS there is no bending of the rules for anyone however passionate you feel about a topic. We cannot wait for groups so folk can freely talk about topics that they feel passionate about...they are coming soon. VERY soon!
This discussion has been closed.